Batman: Arkham Origins

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
http://www.batmanarkhamorigins.com/#preorder

Yep it's coming. A Prequel to Arkham Aslyum/City set in an expanded Gotham City.

Wow. I just want to hear more!

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
Wow this is uncanny, I literally just started to replay Arkham City and this is announced. I do wonder if this game can match the first two seeing how Mark Hamill and Paul Dini have stated they are not going to be involved. It probably won't be as good but I expect Rocksteady to make a kick ass game no matter what.

EDIT: And I just found out that Rocksteady is not working on this. My hopes have sunk slightly but I am still very optimistic about this game.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Sooo... guys, you gonna wrap up all those sidequest cliffhangers from City?
No?
Okay, that's cool I guess.
[sub][sub]I-it's not like I want to play your game or anything, bakas![/sub][/sub]

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
What cliffhangers in City?

This game looks like it could be the game of Year One or The Long Halloween. It'd be so cool if Batman was against the police as well as the criminals, and obviously there's the possibly that the Joker could return since it's a prequel.

I just want more of Arkham City tbh. The gameplay was nailed in that one so a long as it's just a direct port but gives me more expoloration and good story, then I'm fine without Rocksteady doing it.

I'll wait til I know a bit more about the game before I pre-order though.

BearShark

Apr 5, 2013
HOPEFULLY, this one won't have that annoying thing where a ton of sidequests have to be completed BEFORE you beat the main story or they can't be played at all.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
endtherapture said:

This game looks like it could be the game of Year One or The Long Halloween. It'd be so cool if Batman was against the police as well as the criminals, and obviously there's the possibly that the Joker could return since it's a prequel.

I just want more of Arkham City tbh. The gameplay was nailed in that one so a long as it's just a direct port but gives me more expoloration and good story, then I'm fine without Rocksteady doing it.

Do the sidequests.
From memory I remember Hush stealing Bruce Wayne's face and some guy saying Batman was gonna be in some big prophecy or something. There's probably a few others too.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
endtherapture said:

The Azrael Side Quest, Hush, others too. Also this can't be a year one story, saw a video on Kotaku and the guys said that this will show him meeting some of his well known enemies for the first time, but this is not an origin story.

ParadiseOnceLost said:
EDIT: And I just found out that Rocksteady is not working on this. My hopes have sunk slightly but I am still very optimistic about this game.
The ground work has been laid by the previous devs, so that will give them a better chance at making a good game then starting from scratch, but yeah. I'll be cautious on this one for the time being.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
The Azrael Side Quest, Hush, others too. Also this can't be a year one story, saw a video on Kotaku and the guys said that this will show him meeting some of his well known enemies for the first time, but this is not an origin story.
Oh, so sort of the Man Who Laughs, Dark Victory, Long Halloween time period? I can so live with that.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Oh, so sort of the Man Who Laughs, Dark Victory, Long Halloween time period? I can so live with that.
I hope so, I know that Deathstroke/Slade Wilson is the one villain they have confirmed.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
BearShark said:
HOPEFULLY, this one won't have that annoying thing where a ton of sidequests have to be completed BEFORE you beat the main story or they can't be played at all.
Eh? You can do all the sidequests postgame. It's just that Identity Thief is buggy and doesn't trigger half the time

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
chozo_hybrid said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
I hope so, I know that Deathstroke/Slade Wilson is the one villain they have confirmed.
That's one of the things I'm pretty hyped about because Deathstroke is awesome, but other than that I'm kind of worried about the game, since it's not being made by rocksteady and neither the writer or the voice actors from the previous games are returning.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Rocksteady isn't working on it, so my hopes have been a little squashed, and I'm not a fan of 'Infamous' so that hurts it as well.

But, what the hell, here's hoping it doesn't suck!

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
OH MY FUCK YES!

Deathstroke, kick ass!

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
chozo_hybrid said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
That's one of the things I'm pretty hyped about because Deathstroke is awesome, but other than that I'm kind of worried about the game, since it's not being made by rocksteady and neither the writer or the voice actors from the previous games are returning.
Where did you get the info on the writer and voice actors? I would have thought at least Kevin Conroy would reprise the role. Regardless, new voice actors could do a great job too.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
chozo_hybrid said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
chozo_hybrid said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Wheer'd you get the info on the writer and voice actors? I would have thought at least Kevin Conroy would reprise the role. Regardless, new voice actors could do a great job too.
Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy both said they wouldn't be doing voice work for any more batman games after Arkham City right after City was released, and the writer, Paul Dini, said he wasn't involved with the new prequel Batman game back when it was first teased in 2012.

http://kotaku.com/5931338/writer-of-arkham-city-wont-be-back-for-the-next-batman-game

Edit: Got some more info about the game. Apparently it's inspired by Batman Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight. The story involves Black Mask putting a hit out on Batman, and Batman's first encounter with Joker.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/rockst...treal-will-make-fantastic-batman-game-6406674

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
i don't want to hear more......well actually i do but i think i'll try a media blackout on this one. on the last one i followed the production so tightly it was completely spoiled for me. this time none of this will happen. i know the release date. that is when i figure anything out about this game.

chozo_hybrid

Jul 15, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
chozo_hybrid said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Wheer'd you get the info on the writer and voice actors? I would have thought at least Kevin Conroy would reprise the role. Regardless, new voice actors could do a great job too.
Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy both said they wouldn't be doing voice work for any more batman games after Arkham City right after City was released, and the writer, Paul Dini, said he wasn't involved with the new prequel Batman game back when it was first teased in 2012.

http://kotaku.com/5931338/writer-of-arkham-city-wont-be-back-for-the-next-batman-game

Edit: Got some more info about the game. Apparently it's inspired by Batman Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight. The story involves Black Mask putting a hit out on Batman, and Batman's first encounter with Joker.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/rockst...treal-will-make-fantastic-batman-game-6406674
Thanks for all the information, had a quick look, will have a good read a bit later.

pure.Wasted

Oct 12, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
Good riddance on Paul Dini. He can write the Joker in his sleep, but pretty much every single other character turns into a one-dimensional, moustache-twirling, pun-spewing idiot.

I'd be excited about it even if Mark Hamill was returning. But he's not, hence no big role for the Joker, hence nothing at all to lose.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
endtherapture said:

Do the sidequests. From memory I remember Hush stealing Bruce Wayne's face and some guy saying Batman was gonna be in some big prophecy or something. There's probably a few others too.
You know this site has spoiler tags, right? Use them.

OT: I am looking forward to this. I loved the first two. I just hope the PC version wont use Games For Windows Live this time around. That glitch that caused my save game to be unreadable? Not cool. I could get it for Wii, but I am used to the mouse and keyboard controls by now.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
pure.Wasted said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Good riddance on Paul Dini. He can write the Joker in his sleep, but pretty much every single other character turns into a one-dimensional, moustache-twirling, pun-spewing idiot.

I'd be excited about it even if Mark Hamill was returning. But he's not, hence no big role for the Joker, hence nothing at all to lose.
From the information releases the Joker still seems to be a major part of the game, since one of the elements of the game is supposed to be the first meeting between Batman and Joker.