Batman Comic Sells for Over a Million Bucks

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Spending over a million on a comic might seem extreme... but if this mysterious collecter feels he can afford it, well, we're not dealing with somebody who scrimped and saved for decades to afford it. Like has been said, a million dollars isn't actually what it used to be. It wouldn't go quite as far as a million euro, come to think of it (oh, currency burn!)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was someone like Linderman from Heroes, a man who wouldn't think much of spending a few million here and there on artefects, in this case a pop culture icon. Hell, if I had those kind of resources, I'd buy it too! :D

Dunno is it fair for private collectors to hide treasures like these away though.
Why not find a gallery or museum with the facilities to protect it and then put them on display?
I object to the selfish hoarding of iconic pieces of cultural history, yes, even if it's a comic book. I personally view them as a valid form of literature when they're done well. Was Watchmen just another cheap comic?