Battle Chef Brigade Combines Monster Hunter With Iron Chef

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Battle Chef Brigade Combines Monster Hunter With Iron Chef

[kickstarter=trinket/battle-chef-brigade]Trinket Studios' Battle Chef Brigade aims to be the first monster hunting and cooking simulator.

We currently have <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131666-Monster-Hunter-4-is-Coming-to-The-West-in-2015>four versions of Monster Hunter, each set in a fantasy world where you slay or capture various creatures. It's a popular series, but one in-game detail always struck me as odd: If so many monsters are being killed every single day, why don't people talk more about eating them? Apparently that question was also asked at Trinket Studios, who is responding with Battle Chef Brigade via <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/kickstarter?from_search=1>Kickstarter. Where Trinket's take on the genre starts with monster hunting, your ultimate goal is to cook them as gourmet meals before a selection of well-trained judges.

Battle Chef Brigade is a hunting/cooking simulator where players can make any meal they want... they just have to hunt monsters for the raw ingredients. Hunting takes place in a 2D sidescrolling environment, where each monster drops a different cut of meat. Creature types range from small birds, to medium-sized boars, to massive dragons, all living in an ecosystem that can be altered to your advantage.

After collecting the ingredients you need (or whatever you feel like experimenting with), players return to the cooking table to design a meal. Ingredients can be combined, sliced, or cooked using magic spells, all under the watchful eyes of judges. Each judge has their own particular tastes that will help you advance in the ranks, and you can even eat your own meals to regain health and mana. Although if you're not careful, you might end up with a creation that's entirely inedible!

Trinket Studios is currently seeking $38,000 to make Battle Chef Brigade a reality, and has a full month to reach its goal. I can't think of any other game that's combined the monster hunting and cooking sims in quite this way, but the concept and prototype animations show that the vision is certainly possible. If the Kickstarter is successful, Battle Chef Brigade should see an Apr. 2016 release on the Steam and Humble Bundle digital platforms.

Source: <a href=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trinket/battle-chef-brigade>Kickstarter

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I am very, VERY interested in this. I love the idea and the art style.

Gonna back when I get my next paycheck for sure.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Pleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuck...

I really want to like this, even as my sense of creeping doom warns me that kickstarted games seldom deliver.

To hell with it. Fifteen bucks for a chance at something wonderful. It's worth it.

That being said...pleasedontsuckpleasedontsuckpleasedontsuck...

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Kaimax said:
Basically, Toriko the game, and it actually involves cooking.
THAT'S THE NAME!!!

I was talking to my friends about this and couldn't recall the name of the manga. Thanks

On topic, this looks nuts(In the good way), I look forward to seeing this grow.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
MerlinCross said:
Kaimax said:
THAT'S THE NAME!!!

I was talking to my friends about this and couldn't recall the name of the manga. Thanks
Lol. you're welcome I guess.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I do not know. I get the feeling that you are going to have to kill that large(?) beast at the end of the trailer for what amounts to gathering a few scant pieces of meat from it or some rare vegetables in its cave to appease some judges. If it is not an immediate threat, to be used in whole to feed a lot more people, or its purpose is something else like providing magical fire to cook a special dish then it just does not sit right with me. I am the kind of guy who can never be a bad person in an RPG and I guess that extends to fantasy cooking.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Ooh, now this looks worth my time. I just hope its as over the top as it looks!

*peers at wallet* ahh why not :)

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
Good sweet zombie Jesus, this amuses and intrigues me.

I'd definitely check this out, looks like it might be all manner of fun.

Detroit

Dec 22, 2012
There are actually more than four Monster Hunters (how hard is it to look that up) and cooking is a part of the game. Not as big as this game but still.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I have no idea why I want this so much but damn son, I want this fucking game.
Now if only I had money to back it.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
Kaimax said:
A great reason why I will get this game if it comes out. Like the series and been wanting a game that is like it. Unfortunately, it's popularity has gone down quite a bit, and with the main popularity being in Japan, can't expect an actual Toriko game to be released here in the states, if one does or will exist.

Looks like the kickstarter is going strong, with $24,000 of the $38,000 already in with 29 days to go!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I demand the inclusion of an actual Iron Chef as either the villain or an EX Dungeon boss.

Captcha: battle royale

Oh, sweet, sweet ironic statements...