Battlefield 1 Has Had Over 19 Million Players

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Battlefield 1 Has Had Over 19 Million Players

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1385/1385833.jpgIf you've given Battlefield 1 a try, you're one of 19 million who have done so.

When EA announced that it was taking the Battlefield series back to World War I, many gamers were excited about the decision. Whether or not that would translate into players was another question, but it sounds like EA's decision has paid dividends, as the company reports that over 19 million people have played the shooter so far.

The news comes as part of EA's 2017 financial year report. EA CEO Andrew Wilson reported the number, and pointed out that it represented a 50 percent increase over the number of players Battlefield 4 garnered over the same time period. Of course, that 19 million figure isn't the number of players playing now, just the number that have played the game at some point since its launch.

This likely means that we'll see more content for BF1 in the coming months, as EA can see how popular the game has been so far. That's reinforced by a statement from Wilson later in the report that says, "Every Battlefield 1 player will have more ways to play throughout the year, with continual game updates, new maps, and three more expansion packs adding new armies, regions and battlegrounds available to the whole community."

If you want to check out EA's financials, you can read the whole report here [http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/4446386559x0x942093/F8CC9A2C-9672-43CE-B7BE-4CF06FBFACD6/Q4_FY17_Prepared_Comments.pdf].

[gallery=7355]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
And apparently not a single one of those 19 million miserable bastards want to play Operations mode on the Australian servers.

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
Zhukov said:
And apparently not a single one of those 19 million miserable bastards want to play Operations mode on the Australian servers.
That's a real shame, I just have vanilla BF1, but so far it's the best game mode.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
So, assuming each of those 19 million players bought the game then BF1 is the best selling of all the Battlefield series.

Battleifeld 3 hit somewhere in the region of 18 million, Battlefield 2 was north of 10 million but under 15 million (and nobody seems to know exactly) whilst all the other games sold considerably less.

Good news for Battlefield and DICE, not sure it's positive news for players since EA is likely to double and triple down on the micro transactions and period themed releases now, like they always do.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I played it but soon dropped it for overwatch. I received it as a gift, games with season passes offend me.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I really enjoyed the beta for the game, but once I got the actual thing most enjoyment stopped. This was not helped by the facts that the menus were a bit confusing, I couldn't find the game modes I wanted to play, kept getting killed every twenty seconds without getting to do much killing in return, and the people I bought the game to play with are almost never fucking on. I plan on giving the game another go in the near future, but if things don't feel like they start picking up for me I'm just going to trade the damn thing in with Black Ops 3 as soon as something I want more pops up.