Battlefield 1943 Puts Players to Work for Fourth Map

Apr 28, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Why must they give us PC gamers such a painful wait?
And, as WoW proved with Ahn'Qiraj, that map will be unlocked preeetty quickly.
Well, DICE did say that the PC one needed more time, mainly because of some extra features their putting into it, which one of those is larger player counts than on the PS3/360.

LoopyDood said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Why must they give us PC gamers such a painful wait?
And, as WoW proved with Ahn'Qiraj, that map will be unlocked preeetty quickly.
Rather than let PC gamers create hundreds of custom maps and kill the market for ridiculously overpriced downloadable maps, they milk the community-map/mod-starved console gaming masses for a few months.
This is a also possible

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
I'm definitely going to be part of that push. I really didn't need an extra map as incentive, though. I recently lost my copy of Battlefield 1942, and I miss Wake Island. This is going to be fun.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
The only way they could screw this up, by releasing the map for nothing on PC.

What made them decide on 43mill... nvm how lame.....

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
43 Million kills?

If Halo and CoD are anything to go by that'll happen in about a week. Actually scratch that, two days.

Four maps? So that game's going to be DLC central.

MCGT

Sep 27, 2008
Simalacrum said:
McCa said:
Simalacrum said:
43 million kills?!?!? no thanks
Not 43million each you ponce :p (ponce was a friendly comment I swear!)

43 million between EVERYONE. Like 1million players kill 48 people each that sorta thing, gedit?
...................................................................................
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RIIIIGHT I GET IT! :D
yes please ^^
Lol, when I first saw it I was thinking it would be impossible to unlock as well.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
If they're only making four maps (designed for 24 players), then the game had better be moddable like you wouldn't believe.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
When it was first announced, I was so happy... But now this game is beginning to embody all that is wrong in video games today. No thank you EA, I'll stick with 1942. It ain't as pretty or realistic, but with the Battlegroup42 mod, I have almost fifty extra maps compared to 3. Well, 4, according to Keane, but I'll be three days dead and skull-fucked before I ever dedicate that much time to a video game.
I'm with you on this one. Battlefield '42 is still a great game, and as you pointed out with the mod you get a lot of extra maps. So it just doesn't seem worth it for 3 (4) extra maps
Being a gamer, all be it only casual, I feel I can be as misanthropic as the next person but getting 43 million kills is just unreasonable. Especially as I'd have to wait an extra couple of months for it to come out on P.C.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
whaleswiththumbs said:
The only way they could screw this up, by releasing the map for nothing on PC.

What made them decide on 43mill... nvm how lame.....
My best guess is that there was a little less than 43 million civilian casualties during WWII. Or the fact that it's called Battlefield 1943. Or both.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
A good system: Play the game, we'll unlock extra content for you!

This should be the new system of giving out DLC: when people achieve a target number, give them new content to keep them playing. Sounds smart to me!

TheDukester

Aug 2, 2008
I can't wait to try this game out. I think this is a cool way to keep people playing, which is actually I'd argue good for the consumer too, because as long as there are people interested in playing it, there will be less times waiting in lobbies for games to fill up. I hate how in old Xbox games it takes forever to find people to play with. If it doesn't have Call of Duty or Halo attached to it, you can wait like 5 minutes just to start a game that will last 2 minutes.

I wonder if it has to be 43 million kills on each network (i.e. 43 million on PSN, 43 million on XBL). If it's counting kills for both, it shouldn't take that long to unlock that fourth map.