Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC Takes Combat Indoors

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
My only issue is that the maps have a very small player limit, which is pretty sucky because it means no Rush mode (according to one source).

That said, I'm interested in how destructibility will play into these maps.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
There'd better be plenty of cover on the outside sections or firefights will get ugly fast.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I really like the close quarter battles, I struggle alot more on the larger ones, so i'm really looking forward to this.

To all those complaining, its dlc, don't buy it, problem solved

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Daemascus said:
Not a fan of this. I play Support and its gonna suck for this DLC. Heavy machine guns do not make for good CQC.
TheSapphireKnight said:
I am not against this type of gameplay for battlefield in theory and from what I have heard about the maps themselves they actually do have a lot of flanking routes and paths to take unlike Metro(my god that maps is awful, would have been for nearly any game.

That said, the choices DICE made beforehand like giving the class with unlimited ammo CLAYMORES will likely come back to bite them.

Still, I am willing to give them a chance and new weapons are always appreciated. Plus there is always Armored kill on the horizon.
You can only have one claymore out at a time. Besides, the C4 and mortar are much more useful. And as a tank driver, yes to Armored Kill.
As a jet guy who loves AGMs, yes to Armored Kill. Hopefully even MORE jets to fly, and new kinds of tanks/jeeps/APCs to troll.

This DLC on the other hand... Not Looking Forward To It. The gunplay is, without a doubt, the worst part of the entire game. Battlefield is a series about vehicles. You blow them up, repair them, spot them, or you go the other route: support them with covering fire (i.e. kill the other team's engineers), or revive your own team's dead engineers so they can go back to blowing up/repairing vehicles. Lines form, or in some cases, points of interest scattered around a map. Vehicles break these lines, and allow some healthy flow. In Infantry Only matches, lines stay for roughly 90% of a round, in either spawn, with people sniping everyone out of a spawn, spamming the m320, spamming rockets, or placing claymores on all the passages out of the spawn.
The CQC in this game is broken beyond belief, the hit detection only really works in mid to long ranges. Indoor maps are going to suck. No vehicles to shoot at, explosives everywhere, and finally there's a map pack where you get the most concentrated dose of Automatic/Semiautomatic shotguns for your playing pleasure. There's a reason Call of Duty has a limit on sprinting. This pack definitely shows off the best this game has to offer... [/sarcasm].

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I'll play it, just to unlock what looks like the Intervention from CoD, and the SPAS 12, which I really like. Time to sneak around the regular maps with my SPAS 12 pretending I'm hunting velociraptors, just like I do in every other FPS with that gun in it.

EDIT: However, as though to make my point for me, you can see at least 3 instances where the guy playing is unloading roughly 3-5 bullets at a time into a guy, and none of them hit.
00:53, and almost humorously at 1:00. I mean, the reticule is right over this guy, and the player wastes about half a clip on the wall roughly a foot in front of the guy he's aiming at.
Battlefield does not work this way. I'll enjoy bringing these weapons back to Karkand (ha, see what I did there) and Vanilla maps, but I definitely do not want these maps as much as I want Armored Kill or End Game. I think there was another pack I'm missing, if there is, I want it more than I want Close Quarters.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
it looked like a map from COD 4.
and im sure we have to pay for it as well, so much about buying COD map packs.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Glad to see you back ^^. I noticed you're doing more and more news articles. On topic, that felt very Call of Duty to me. That's a good thing :).

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Metalrocks said:
it looked like a map from COD 4.
and im sure we have to pay for it as well, so much about buying COD map packs.
There is nothing wrong with buying map packs its just when they are overpriced, shit and come out about 10 minutes after the game is launched like cod and bearing it mind this is only the second map pack and the first one you was available free for pre-orders its not that bad unlike cod which has 3 map packs already

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
So they took the very worst map of BF3, metro, and turned it into a map-pack for COD players?
I don't see this failing the slightest.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
getoffmycloud said:
There is nothing wrong with buying map packs its just when they are overpriced, shit and come out about 10 minutes after the game is launched like cod and bearing it mind this is only the second map pack and the first one you was available free for pre-orders its not that bad unlike cod which has 3 map packs already
i was not complaining about the idea of map packs as such but yes, with COD it is really annoying when the game is out and few months later you already get the next 15$ map pack (like with black ops). sure its optional but when you play the normal maps and it changes to one of these new maps, you get kicked out because you dont have it.

thats what im afraid of it as well, that ?A will ask lots of money for it and if you dont buy it, you get kicked out all the time.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Yeah but that is an issue with all fps games now as I have the game on PC it doesn't affect me as it says if a server is using maps from a certain map pack so I can just avoid them but I don't know how it works on console so it could be an issue there

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i have it on pc as well. at least with the battle log you do have the chance to avoid it but im sure most servers will have the new map in it.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
NicoDK said:
So they took the very worst map of BF3, metro, and turned it into a map-pack for COD players?
I don't see this failing the slightest.
Metro can be rather fun. I like long standing shootouts with clear front lines. They're intense as hell, and they promote team play. It's a different style of play that isn't quite as slow paced, but has its own rewards.

This map pack has maps that do not have as many choke points. First off, the player limit on these maps is quite small. Second, there are multiple routes to every point on the map.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
of all the maps they could make, they create close range maps? battlefields strengths are most prevalent when at the helm of an abrams, or a viper. i thought they would have learned their lesson with op. metro. anyway, i will wait to buy until i get a second opinion from a friend. if they make it like an open type of indoors [think a theatre or an auditorium], then my assault/medic is ready.heres hoping its good, i need a reason to play battlefield again.