Battlefield 3 DLC Hops the "Timed Exclusive" Train

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
Horrors upon horrors! A whole week?????

I'm appalled that such practices are even in place!!

OT: Maybe this will help Microsoft realize they're being a little silly, but it probably won't. Oh well. It's not that terrible a practice, it's more so just an annoyance.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Hashbrick said:
This game was designed for the PC fanbase (You know the ones that made them who they are today) first and console second... well ya so much for that huh
Oh my god! One week means they've obviously abandoned the PC and they hate us!

Does this also mean they hate people that don't pre-order. Since you know...people that pre-order get this day one regardless of what system they get it on?

Jimi Bove

Jan 29, 2011
It's refreshing to finally see something besides the XBox get more special treatment than it deserves, but not as refreshing as it would be to find that timed exclusives are forever gone.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
You know, I should be dancing on the tables screaming at the top of my lungs, "IN YOUR FUCKING FACES, NON-PS3 OWNERS!" But I'm not. Why? Two reasons.

1] I'm not a fanboy. My brother is the idiot douchebag of the family.

2] Timed Exclusives are pointless. You have to build up your marketing to announce the first release and then you have to redo all your marketing ages later for the second release on everyone elses consoles. Or; you just do what Bethesda and Rockstar (with GTA IV DLC) and Activision do, and not even bother to advertise your second release. Just dump it on the stores and hope someone notices.

Timed Exclusives are only good for extreeeeeemely elitist fanboys who start petty arguments over their favourite console over one tiny little thing. The people who always, always lose out are the actual, honest-to-god gamers who just want to buy the DLC and play the gorram game!

At least it's only 1 week, so my 360 & PC playing friends (I'm a PS3 owner) won't be out in the dark for too long. EA appear to have learnt their lesson after the Rock Band 1 fiasco (6 months after NA release it comes to the UK... as a 6 month XBOX 360 exclusive! So I finally got to play it 1 whole year after it's release!).

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
Hashbrick said:
This game was designed for the PC fanbase (You know the ones that made them who they are today) first and console second... well ya so much for that huh

Does this also mean they hate people that don't pre-order. Since you know...people that pre-order get this day one regardless of what system they get it on?
I understand what you are getting at but the point is the action not the result. Ya we wait one week after ps3 for any new DLC big deal I get it. However when the developers say they have the PC fanbase in mind first and console second and then pull these shenanigans that thought of mind no longer exists. It's like being told your awesome and then when you walk away they give you the finger to your back.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Hashbrick said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Hashbrick said:

I understand what you are getting at but the point is the action not the result. Ya we wait one week after ps3 for any new DLC big deal I get it. However when the developers say they have the PC fanbase in mind first and console second and then pull these shenanigans that thought of mind no longer exists. It's like being told your awesome and then when you walk away they give you the finger to your back.
I'll take the compliment of better graphics, more players in multiplayer along with mouse and keyboard support over a week headstart on DLC. It's less giving someone the finger and more giving them a different gift than you're giving someone else. A better gift at that.

Bethesda I'm pretty sure has claimed themselves as PC first, but continually give the 360 preference in DLC.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I never had a problem with timed exclusives. If console manufacturers are stupid enough to throw money at a dev, then good for them. I can't imagine how much money they must have payed for that btw.
I love that this game seems to do everything it can to balance out the scales. It's trying to unseat CoD, it's actually good on PC and now the PS3 is getting a timed exclusive. Still, it should have been for the PC and while we all know that, there is no PC manufacturer throwing money at the PC, they're too busy infighting.