Battlefield 3 Teaser Trailer Hints at Release Date

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Do want! Do want!

I'm going to sit outside my local video game retailer and wait until this comes out... Right after I change my pants.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
silverbullet1989 said:
-Samurai- said:
silverbullet1989 said:
the only thing that is causing me doubt in the back of my head, and i really cant shake this doubt, is the fact it is also been made for the (DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEEN A PC ELITIST) consoles =(
They've already said that it's being primarily made for the PC, with the consoles being the secondary focus.

Besides, being made for consoles never made a PC game bad. The developer not putting in the effort for the PC versions made them bad. It isn't the consoles fault when a PC port is shit, it's the lazy developer.....[small]you PC elitist!!!111![/small]
Lol wooooooahhhh calm down there :p they can say a lot of things but every developer knows where the money lays... maybe i am a pc elitist, yeah come to think of it i am, ive always enjoyed games more on the pc then on my xbox so yeah im a pc elitist and proud :p
Yeah but after the crap they caught with Bad Company 2 from the PC users(and rightfully so. It was plagued with problems) I believe them when they say they've shifted the focus to PC for BF3. The series started on PC, and the largest part of the player base still lies in the PC crowd. When it comes to the Battlefield series, PC is where the money is.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
bak00777 said:
Calico93 said:
Cannot wait for this.
Only played Bad Company 2 and still loving it, would be awesome to see what the normal Battlefield franchise is like.
i completely agree, i started with Bad Company 2 and fell in love with it. After playing for like 2hrs i realized that it was better than CoD, imo. I cannot wait to try a normal Battlefield either. I am eagerly waiting for BF3.
You guys don't have to wait. BF2 is arond for cheap and its still worth playing. I know many serves are still active. Little dated... yes but its a good way to get the feel on 64 player large map style combat. 2142 is not that bad either if future war is your thing.

/ot: I eagerly await the return to a true battle field. Don't get me wrong I love me some BC2, it really is good times. But big servers and longer games is where its at.
"This made me a little hard. Like totaly 1/4th wood."

Osalot_TH

Sep 10, 2008
LOL they actually had o say they were going to put in prone. I love BF2 and have high hopes for BF3, but honestly what does that say.
That's like when a dead beat dad wants praise for paying his child support, you're supposed to pay your child support. What DICE, you want a cookie (Ref. Chris Rock)

Seki

Dec 22, 2009
Battlefield 2 partially caused me to flunk out of university. Battlefield BC 2 encouraged so many late/all night gaming sessions that I was late so often for work I lost my job. I'm hoping Battlefield 3 will be so addictive that I forget that humans need to eat and lose my life.
Thank you Dice for making games more addictive than crack.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
This is easily the most excited I've been for a shooter in a looong while. CoD has NOTHING on Battlefield. And I don't mean Bad Company. BC is fine, but the original BF series is where it's at.

silverbullet1989

Jun 7, 2009
-Samurai- said:
silverbullet1989 said:
-Samurai- said:
silverbullet1989 said:
the only thing that is causing me doubt in the back of my head, and i really cant shake this doubt, is the fact it is also been made for the (DON'T FLAME ME FOR BEEN A PC ELITIST) consoles =(
They've already said that it's being primarily made for the PC, with the consoles being the secondary focus.

Besides, being made for consoles never made a PC game bad. The developer not putting in the effort for the PC versions made them bad. It isn't the consoles fault when a PC port is shit, it's the lazy developer.....[small]you PC elitist!!!111![/small]
Lol wooooooahhhh calm down there :p they can say a lot of things but every developer knows where the money lays... maybe i am a pc elitist, yeah come to think of it i am, ive always enjoyed games more on the pc then on my xbox so yeah im a pc elitist and proud :p
Yeah but after the crap they caught with Bad Company 2 from the PC users(and rightfully so. It was plagued with problems) I believe them when they say they've shifted the focus to PC for BF3. The series started on PC, and the largest part of the player base still lies in the PC crowd. When it comes to the Battlefield series, PC is where the money is.
Hmmm i can agree there... i just remember going to get my copy of medal of honor (for the pc) and in the shop i saw the ps3 version with a big heading accross the top "invite to the battlefield 3 beta" ... ohh nooooo. lol saying that i liked bad company 2 on the pc once they fixed the buggy servers... even though it did feel like a console game... dunno if it is still bad? i play bad company 2 vietnam a lot at the moment

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
After playing hours and hours of Battlefield 2, when i saw this my reaction sounded a bit like this.

I loved Battlefield 2, for me it was the perfect shooter. I can't wait till Battlefield 3 comes out, it's going to be bigger and better than the second coming of Jesus (At least I hope so).

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Im so extremely super hyped.

This might just take the place as my favorite shooter ever. Hell maybe even favorite game ever. As long as Dice doesnt screw up.

ActualOvaltine

Jul 1, 2009
cocoro67 said:
Yelchor said:
I still want them to follow up on Battlefield 2142 though!
Well seeing as how recently Battlefield Vietnam was remade for BF: BC 2 I think that they may release a DLC pack of 2142, Imagine, Titan battles in HD!!!!
Plus that intro song blasting as you drop pod onto someone's face... God I hope it is dlc.

Apr 28, 2008
64 players? FUCK YES!

Thats one good thing, now how about those battlefield commanders?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Battlefield 2 is the best thing to happen to online shooters (in my opinion, obviously). If this is more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company, I'm crazy glad.

Good to see not so many people are dissing CoD in a Battlefield news post. I wonder if that's a fi-
MiracleOfSound said:
If this runs at 60 Frames Per Second I'm never touching COD again :D
Didn't think it would be you of all people.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
This is pretty cool....but I was hoping for news about BC3.....

I honestly preferred Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 2. Ah well, I'll still play the hell out of it regardless.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
I am happy.
I've been waiting for a real battlefield game to come out for quite some time now.
That said, I still love BF2. Despite the fact that EA keep deleting my stuff, and now wants me to buy the booster packs again, I love playing it.
I consider BF2 to be like a comfort blanket - no matter what happens, no matter what crappy FPS you play - it's always there to go back to...

I just hope the rumours about it being NATO, not just America are true. The moment I get to charge forwards, L86-LSW in hands, whilst squaddies with a G36, a FAMAS and an M4 back me up happens in game, I shall be overcome by happy awsomeness. And never leave the game alone, ever.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
-Drifter- said:
Ossian said:
Source please, I really hope its true.
Source? It's right there in the news story. Look:

Did you not bother to read it?
Heh, well, I only read the first paragraph and it was just describing the video, which always pisses me off when people do that, so I skipped the text and watched the vid.

I bow to you good sir and learn from my mistakes, I'll read before I rant.

Okay now I'm totally stoked for this game, return to good old school shooting games! Good lord! I just remembered, Red orchestra 2 comes out at the same time! Nooooooees!