Battlefield 4's Game-Breaking "Death Shield" Bug Discovered

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Therumancer said:
To be honest I'm sort of surprised they didn't say this bug was a feature, and working as intended since nobody complained until recently. :)
Agreed, they should release some perk or something like a "futuristic" shield that deploys whenever a teammate falls to the ground and it's tied to your vital signals, so it shuts down if you die.

OT: Now I'm highly amused by these BF4 bugs, I'm looking forward to seeing what else does people can come up with :)

Chinchama

Mar 1, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Chinchama said:
At what point can there be a civil lawsuit against EA? the game is still not finished, yet they have already pushed out DLC for profit, the sold an unfinished product knowing that it had issues. It's like someone selling you a car and saying yah, sometime down the road we will add seats, brakes, windows and lights, but for now, here is someone sweet pin striping if you would like to pay a bit more.
Probably never.

I don't know where you're living, but I know the EULA monster is heavy here in the US. What we're all hitting accept to is saying 'You forgo the rights to actually do anything about this game if it's shit before we allow you to play it.'

I cant remember there being a Eula for the single player campaign on the PS4. Either way, signed agreement or not, there has to be limit on what is acceptably called a finished product. I know that there is a EULA for multiplayer, but the fact that things were wrong with both single and multiplayer, the EULA shouldn't apply to both.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Zac Jovanovic said:
Also, 256kb/s upload is way, way more than any multiplayer title uses.
Nope, it makes quite the difference when you host and send data. Warframe is one of these games and the moment I removed that cap I could host games and people wouldn't have any sort of lag. Compared to before where EVERY single player would get lag.

So I'm willing to bet opening the cap makes a difference in BF3 and BF4.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
Zefar said:
Nope, it makes quite the difference when you host and send data. Warframe is one of these games and the moment I removed that cap I could host games and people wouldn't have any sort of lag. Compared to before where EVERY single player would get lag.

So I'm willing to bet opening the cap makes a difference in BF3 and BF4.
Ah well yes, hosting games is an entirely different beast. I did not take p2p into consideration when I said it.

What I said still applies to BF4 though.
To illustrate my point I just played a short 32 man TDM in BF4, at its peak it used just over 3kb/s of my upload.

I don't think I've ever seen a game using more than ~50kb/s of traffic for just connecting to a server and playing, while most titles I observed were at about 15-20kb/s of up and down trafic combined. For BF4 this number is less than 10 kb/s apparently.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Akisa said:
Reported it during beta, and wasn't fixed. I'm not holding my breath.
Do you have any sort of copy or reciept for your complaint (or just the ability to go back into where you logged it and see the message?)

That would really make my day, especially since they insulted the bug testers and said you all weren't playing the game correctly.

zeropike

Apr 7, 2010
Having played hours of Metro on a 24/7 Metro no-explosive server. I've seen some funky things on occasion. But not sure of this bug applies to bullets. Seen enough times of getting shot by somebody who was behind 2 walls to make myself annoyed enough.

But looking at this vid it would explain some of my missed tank shots. Rarely happened but I do recall a couple "The hell!? why didn't that hit him?" moments.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Along with a laundry list of other bugs, this one has been "known" about since launch. At least I remember watching it happen in a stream.

Frankly this game was obviously unfinished on release, which is why even tho I loved the hell out of BFBC2 & BF3 I skipped this one. (This glitch was previously fixed in one of them but I can't remember which one). Also walls would break but still bounce grenades.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
Thatguyky said:
I keep thinking that eventually this game will be solid, but at this point I'm ready to trade it back in :/
I've been boycotting it until it was solid. Now I don't care anymore, I will not buy this game, ever.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Hero in a half shell said:
Akisa said:
Reported it during beta, and wasn't fixed. I'm not holding my breath.
Do you have any sort of copy or reciept for your complaint (or just the ability to go back into where you logged it and see the message?)

That would really make my day, especially since they insulted the bug testers and said you all weren't playing the game correctly.
No sorry I can't find information on it ; ;.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
When we went from BF2 to BF3 the was a 6 year gap between releases and BF3 had relatively few problems and was adored by the community... In that 6 years we had two BAd Comapny Games which always felt to me like it was Dice testing out its physics and damage engines.
BF3 had Back to Karkand within 2 months and then it took another 6 months before they started rolling out the other pieces of DLC.

BF3 to BF4 was a gap of just 2 years between release dates and it is plagued by bugs and the community has adored it considerably less. LevelCap is almost reguarly mentioning how the netcode is still not up to scratch.
There were no interim games, it had two pieces of DLC announced ahead of time and launched within a couple of months of release with the third released 3 months later...

The evidence is there that someone put a rush on things to get the most out of the Next-Gen launches. Not one to point fingers but I would guess that rush came from EAs side of things.