Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming With Two Maps and Modes

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming With Two Maps and Modes

The upcoming beta for Battlefield Hardline still doesn't have a date, but we do have some screens and details on the two new maps and modes.

Battlefield Hardline [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/battlefield+hardline] will be out in March, so developer Visceral Games is preparing for a beta test for the multiplayer cops and robbers title. The date hasn;t been set yet, but they did just release some details on the two modes, and screens for two maps.

The first mode is Hotwire, "an all-new mode coming to Battlefield focused on combining all-out warfare with all-out speed," according to a post on the official site [http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta-info]. The second mode is Conquest, which pits 64 players in a battle of cops vs criminals. The two maps for the beta will be Downtown and Dust Bowl, which you can see in the gallery.

The beta will be open to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players, so your platform of choice won't matter. There won't be a cap on progression so you can keep unlocking goodies until the beta ends. The reason: "We want you to play this beta to death. We need you to. This test is only going to make the game stronger, and help us take a look at ways we can ensure we deliver the most stable launch you deserve," the post said.

[gallery=3715]

The game officially launches on March 17, and we'll bring you more beta details as they are released.

Source: Battlefield Hardline Official Site [http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta-info]

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I'm actually looking forward to this game as I love cops and robbers games. Any word on if progression in the beta will carry over to the official release?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Kennetic said:
Any word on if progression in the beta will carry over to the official release?
Don't hold your breath, Beta progress from 3 and 4 didn't carry over, progress in CTE doesn't always carry over from update to update.

I'm cautiously optimistic with Visceral and 'not DICE's efforts in developing this, after the BF4 debacle they actually seem to have convinced EA to do some reasonable testing development before release. I'm still worried this will pay for BF4's sin though, I certainly have no intention of buying it until it's been out a couple of months, if at all.

I still fully expect the single player to stink though, Bad Company and BC2 seem like ancient history these days.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, it will again be just a demo, that's only available for a few days. Then for crying out loud, call it a demo!
You're not beta-testing anything, you're advertising.

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
Kennetic said:
Any word on if progression in the beta will carry over to the official release?
Don't hold your breath, Beta progress from 3 and 4 didn't carry over, progress in CTE doesn't always carry over from update to update.

I'm cautiously optimistic with Visceral and 'not DICE's efforts in developing this, after the BF4 debacle they actually seem to have convinced EA to do some reasonable testing development before release. I'm still worried this will pay for BF4's sin though, I certainly have no intention of buying it until it's been out a couple of months, if at all.

I still fully expect the single player to stink though, Bad Company and BC2 seem like ancient history these days.
Bad Company 2 is still my favorite in the series and I'd like there to be a 3rd one, but I'm afraid they might ruin it. I still like BF4 for the most part though, despite the glitches, but I play it on Xbone.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
woulndt be surprised if the "beta" works better than the full version. just like with BF4. i still wish i can play the beta version of BF4 again. at least there i didnt had a single issue.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I remember playing Hardline when you could get into the early beta (alpha?) test a while back. I wasn't all that impressed when compared to BF3 which I still play occasionally.

Hopefully they put more emphasis on the cops vs robbers feel instead of what we had back then, which was basically reskinned BF4 with the funnest toys taken out.