Battlefield: Hardline Leaked - New Title With SWAT Theme - Update

Sep 24, 2008
Soundtrack, professional editing, script, outlining modes and characters... yeah, this was 'leaked'. Come on, guys. Build only game with voice acting even though it's supposedly six months old and... oh, I'm not even continuing. Just... Get good at lying, guys.

I like cop stories more than I like soldier stories, so interested. Going to wait at least a few months if not a year after this is released before picking it up

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
DarkhoIlow said:
They...they turned Visceral into a Battlefield making machine! *cries*

There's absolutely no way that I'm going to buy this game that's not even made by DICE. Yeah, they fucked up with BF4 but their previous games weren't broken so yeah.

Feels to me like EA wants to follow in Activision's footsteps and have 2(or probably more in the future) studios working on yearly CoD and BF games.

I'm still on the fence if I should bother with the new CoD..depends what I see of it and that it's made by someone new I might give it a chance..haven't decided yet.
It's made by DICE and Visceral.

Ghostydash

Sep 11, 2009
Earthfield said:
I heard this one is made by Visceral and not DICE? I love DICE, but this makes me more interested in seeing what are they gonna do.

Though, is it too late to make a new IP instead of attaching the Battlefield title to it?
I was thinking the same thing.The whole game could be a new IP and not have the Battlefield brand linked to it and it would probably do just as good. Watching the footage though, this is sounding more like a modified version of Payday: The Heist and Payday 2 where you can play the cops, at least on the multiplayer side. The singleplayer does sound interesting, but going back to the new IP argument, it sounds like something other than the traditional battlefield we've come to know and love.

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
What is the "Omaha" thing the guy on the leaked trailer is going on about?
He says it, like 50 times and I have no idea why to be honest.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
eyeguy397 said:
I was thinking the same thing.The whole game could be a new IP and not have the Battlefield brand linked to it and it would probably do just as good. Watching the footage though, this is sounding more like a modified version of Payday: The Heist and Payday 2 where you can play the cops, at least on the multiplayer side. The singleplayer does sound interesting, but going back to the new IP argument, it sounds like something other than the traditional battlefield we've come to know and love.
I agree, but still think of Tactical Intervention, more than Payday.

Kinda...

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Update 2: We've received word that the Battlefield: Hardline QA tester who leaked the gameplay video you'll see in the prior update, has been fired [http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefieldhardline/comments/26olyx/ive_just_been_fired/].
I would think saying he allegedly leaked it might be more appropriate since he's claiming in that reddit thread that he didn't actually do it.

Anyway, sounds like EA wants to release Battle-strike, or Counter-field. Not sure which title I like better.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Hixy said:
I play battlefield 4 on PS4 every day it isn't that buggy that is totally exaggerated, it is definitely in a playable condition at this stage and has been for several months. There is a bug where the one player campaign won't save which does annoy me because I need to do all that to get multiplayer guns. This would be a big problem if you only wanted the campaign but I imagine that describes very few people. Other than that everything else is manageable.

OP: This on the surface at least, sounds like it would have much less to offer than BF4. I would be interested in this as BF4 add on. I would need convincing of it having substantial content to buy this.
Are there any server connection issues on PS4? Myself and my friend play together every couple of days on PS3 and one or both of us will always end up disconnecting from the server a couple of times during the night, causing our consoles to freeze up and require a restart.