Battlefield PSA Mocks Modern Warfare 2 "F.A.G.S." Gaffe

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
Usurpurus said:
ryai458 said:
Another reason I don't like DICE their games aren't that good and they take cheap shots, but what can you except when they are going up against MW2, doomed to fail, miserablily.
I agree entirely. The funniest thing is that they can mock MW2 for all kinds of things but the facts are, their severs work about as well as MW2's, they copied most of the weapons from MW2 (granted there aren't that many weapons out there altogether), kept noob tubes. Infact they copied almost everything aside from having larger maps and proper physics... And yet, not as well...
MW2 doesn't have servers. Fepic Eail.
bc2 has 13 in common out of 57 total.
Yep, that's basically all copied weapons in bc2!
Oh wait...

Copied almost everything? Like vehicles? Servers? Non-glitchy gameplay?

It's one thing to say you don't like it, that's ok. But to say it's a copy of mw2...

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Seriously, ANOTHER stab at CoD? Thats fucking pathetic, I'm sorry but its really not needed.

Al this Modern Warfare 2 hate was bad enough just listening to the whiny fanboys go on about it.

ryai458 said:
Another reason I don't like DICE their games aren't that good and they take cheap shots, but what can you except when they are going up against MW2, doomed to fail, miserablily.
Well said.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
slopeslider said:
Usurpurus said:
ryai458 said:
I agree entirely. The funniest thing is that they can mock MW2 for all kinds of things but the facts are, their severs work about as well as MW2's, they copied most of the weapons from MW2 (granted there aren't that many weapons out there altogether), kept noob tubes. Infact they copied almost everything aside from having larger maps and proper physics... And yet, not as well...
MW2 doesn't have servers. Fepic Eail.
bc2 has 13 in common out of 57 total.
Yep, that's basically all copied weapons in bc2!
Oh wait...

Copied almost everything? Like vehicles? Servers? Non-glitchy gameplay?

It's one thing to say you don't like it, that's ok. But to say it's a copy of mw2...
Try reading other posts before flaming?

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Love it.
This is what EA should be doing, pointing out and poking fun at other companies marketing gaffs, instead of making their own.

Off-topic-ish:
I am loving this game.
This is my game du jour right now.

BuckshotArtist

Feb 28, 2010
Right up along with "Spec ops douchebags with heartbeat sensors" and "Snowmobiles or for losers!" I don't think it was the MW2 community that was offended by the FAGS statement, and if they were, hypocrites. I think it was more mainstream people who didn't like it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I LOVED this. Perhaps it's my cold, dead heart remembering the good times DICE gave me in the past, perhaps it's my hatred for Activision, but all I know is this video resonated with me.

I WANT to like EA (though I guess this is technically DICE which isn't really different but whatever), but then then go around and put what's basically an ubisoft DRM on C&C 4 and ...
CONFLICTED.

Dodgy

Mar 23, 2010
Don't forget EA and DICE were responsible for the utterly wonderful Mirror's Edge.

I can't understand the enormous fanboyism in this here thread.

MW2 is a SP game with a MP attached to it.
BFBC2 is a MP game with a SP attached to it.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
CC was an Indian before, it seems a lot of those players just LOVE to win their awards in Cleveland and then high tail it out of there never looking back...Cleveland has feelings too you know

I've never encountered R.G.T. in MW2, not really at least...if I have it's never been that prevelent

Shintsu2

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty good video, I like this kind of thing. While I wasn't a huge fan of the first Bad Company game, I am all for this one because MW2 is an overrated turd. Activision fanboys...how can anyone be a fan of something produced by a company with an evil little troll like Bobby Kotick at its head? If they had their way everything would just be a bunch of 'nade spam and camping. Bad Company 2 is on my rent list if I can ever get to it lol.

nYuknYuknYuk

Jul 12, 2009
Autofaux said:
ShinningDesertEagle said:
Personally, I really do not get why people are offended by the word "fag" (and in case there is a forum rule against using this word; keep in mind I am using it out of context in a discussion about the word itself). Yes it is often used as a slur against homosexuals but more generally it is a three-letter insult calling someone weak. And for those who disagree in order to be consistent about this the word "pussy" has to go as well since it is used in the same way and can sometimes be used as a slur against women. Just saying.
By tolerating its use, no matter how slight, you make it acceptable. ****** and all of its variants are slurs against homosexuals. Pussy isn't nearly as vilified but it's still a baseless insult. Doesn't matter how generally accepted you claim they are, they are still offensive and degrading terms.
You don't call somebody a ****** because they're gay in the same way you don't call someone a douchebag because they clean vaginas. You call somebody a ****** or douchebag because they are acting like an expletive and it was the first thing to come to mind.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
god its really good modern warfare fans are too busy playing MW2 to play BC2, they have a couple nice jokes on MW2 in the game.

ShinningDesertEagle

Oct 14, 2009
ianrocks6495 said:
Autofaux said:
ShinningDesertEagle said:
Personally, I really do not get why people are offended by the word "fag" (and in case there is a forum rule against using this word; keep in mind I am using it out of context in a discussion about the word itself). Yes it is often used as a slur against homosexuals but more generally it is a three-letter insult calling someone weak. And for those who disagree in order to be consistent about this the word "pussy" has to go as well since it is used in the same way and can sometimes be used as a slur against women. Just saying.
By tolerating its use, no matter how slight, you make it acceptable. ****** and all of its variants are slurs against homosexuals. Pussy isn't nearly as vilified but it's still a baseless insult. Doesn't matter how generally accepted you claim they are, they are still offensive and degrading terms.
You don't call somebody a ****** because they're gay in the same way you don't call someone a douchebag because they clean vaginas. You call somebody a ****** or douchebag because they are acting like an expletive and it was the first thing to come to mind.
My thoughts exactly. Autofax claims it is 'degrading' but, really, its just a word someone uses to insult someone and doesn't have to do with anyone's sexuality. Really, we have become way too sensitive within modern times.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
aaronmcc said:
Ha! This is a win for sure. I'll probably pick up BBC2 soon as my studies are over for the term.
Ouch Steam just had it on sale for $7usd. I hope you picked it up.

OT/

Loved it. Anything that can do a humorouse PSA is always worth a shot.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
FaithorFire said:
Silly little BFBC people! They remind me of my 4 year old cousin when he wants to wrestle. So precocious and confident, of course I'm approximately 6 times his size and 3 times his weight, but its still fun to let him think he can win
Too bad that was BC 1. With BC you be wrestling CC sabathia.