Battlefront 2 officially considered gambling

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Hawaii had a press conference about it. And it wasn?t a very pleasant one if you were EA.

We didn?t allow Joe Camel to see cigarettes to our children. We shouldn?t allow Star Wars to sell gambling to them.
That was said. Holy shit. And apparently they are talking to other states about this.

Wonder how Disney feels about this.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
kasperbbs said:
McElroy said:
I think they should be allowed. I'm for the mythical Smart And Aware Consumer who doesn't spend money on stupid shit.
I wouldn't mind their existence if the game didn't suffer for it. If this continues them soon our Console/PC markets will be no different than the garbage you find on IOS and Android marketplace, except the initial 60$ price tag.
The push back should be through consumer awareness in my opinion. I mean, maybe they remove lootboxes now and put the "Freemium" model into their games instead. No crying to lawyers then.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Saltyk said:
Hawaii had a press conference about it. And it wasn?t a very pleasant one if you were EA.

We didn?t allow Joe Camel to see cigarettes to our children. We shouldn?t allow Star Wars to sell gambling to them.
That was said. Holy shit. And apparently they are talking to other states about this.

I imagine they?re pissed as fuck for EA, very publically, bringing Star Wars into disrepute with less than a month before the new movie releases.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Saltyk said:
EA never going to have the star wars licenses or any of the other Disney licenses ever again. but the question remains are Disney going to wait out the contract or rip it out of EA hands?