Battlefront 2 steam discount

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, quick question - is Battlefront 2's multiplayer still alive? Steam is offering it up for ?3, so I am tempted but don't know if there's sense in buying it, as I have heard that multiplayer servers were taken offline some time in the past.

If someone, preferably from Europe, could chip in on the subject, I'd be grateful

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If I remember correctly the official servers were taken down a while back so even if it wouldn't be dead that kinda sucks.
Might want to research that though because I'm not certain.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
fatb0y said:
And remember... it is so, so, so very old and creaky and ugly. You only live once. You don't have time to be playing ancient multiplayer shooters. And Planetside 2 is free and more current looking.
Yea, I like PS2, it's just that I have never played Battlefront 2 online y'know. Besides, my PC that can handle planetside is dead, so I am playing the Settlers 2 now you know what i mean

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
x-Tomfoolery-x said:
Official servers are gone but the online is still quite active. Plenty of dedicated servers running. You'll have no problem finding games.

I thought that the authentication servers were gone. Thank you.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Yes the game's alive and well. The SW collection deal is pretty good actually If I wasn't dead broke I'd buy what's left to complete my Star Wars collection on Steam.

Was I the only one who hated the gunplay on Planetside 2?

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Auron said:
Was I the only one who hated the gunplay on Planetside 2?
Found it unremarkable, it(the game) relies on the massive battles to be the core of the gameplay. Not much else to say since I stopped playing during beta since I couldn't be bothered downloading the new continent patch.