Battlefront "Parody" Site

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Someone has created handy site regarding the upcoming Battlefront game. The primary feature of the site is a side-by-side comparison that shows all the features in BFII vs the features in the new BF. Beneath the chart is a graveyard of the studios that EA has devoured or is in the process of devouring.

http://www.eastarwars.com/

Gotta say I found this to be both humorous and informative...and an absolute confirmation that the new BF game is going to be complete and total shit. Anyone still feel like taking a "wait and see" mentality with this one?

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Haha that's beautiful. The music goes so well with it. It does sadden me though to see what Battlefront 3 is going to be like after playing so much Battlefront 2.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Gotta admire the moxie EA has.

5 pieces of DLC announced and asking us to pre-order while we haven't seen one bit of game footage.

Sep 14, 2009
love it.

Hope this makes it to the next EA board meeting, so they can see how fucked up everything they touch is.

Will they make a sequel to the parody site, including space battle music?

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Honestly, I knew things were fucked as soon as EA got the rights to make Star Wars games. Anyone remotely familiar with their track record should have known better than to get their hopes up.

"You were the Chosen One, Disney! It was said that you would destroy the mismanagement, not join it! Bring balance to Star Wars games, not leave them in darkness!"

EmperorZinyak

Aug 3, 2014
I don't care what the developers excuses are, cutting this many features for bullshit reasons is inexcusable. Let me guess, we're going to get all of the missing content as DLC? Fuck off.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
EmperorZinyak said:
I don't care what the developers excuses are, cutting this many features for bullshit reasons is inexcusable. Let me guess, we're going to get all of the missing content as DLC? Fuck off.
Well they've got 5 packs planned out, and I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that space battles weren't entirely out of the question.

So yeah...I'd imagine we can "look forward" to having the missing features sold to us as DLC.

I think the most telling thing about that chart is that BFII was made in 2005...and is apparently the vastly superior game to the one being made 10 years later.

Arkliem

Apr 30, 2015
You forgot two others also from the same guy

http://www.eastarwarsbattlefront.com/
http://www.starwarsbattlefrontea.com/

I'm definitely waiting on this one. Being unable to use the AT-AT's was a bit disappointing to hear. There's been no word on space battles either, and I loved playing those in 2.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Even Star Wars Battlefront was better than Star Wars Battlefront, sure it had no space battles but it had plenty of vehicles you could use including AT-ATs. While it lacked playable heroes it did have unique character classes as well as both classic and newer factions. Star Wars Battlefront was a great game improved in Battlefront two and now seems to be going horrible wrong in Battlefront.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
MatParker116 said:
Throughout that entire video they mention Battlefield more than Battlefront. I think after this I might avoid Funhaus in The Know videos for a while.

The website was great, I love the music that plays in the background. That list of devs no longer active was kinda sad.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Eesh. You know, while I do think some of the changes they did were necessary,Jesus, I wonder how DICE is going to cover their ass. Who was the dumbass who decided to release everything that the game wouldn't have first?

But I also think you guys are being way too negative. We haven't seen any gameplay yet, but people are already calling it a failure. The comparisons with Battlefront 2 are also a bit unfair. The number of maps especially.

I think we should wait till E3 or a beta, and if the game really sucks then we can all happily burn down EA Headquarters together.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
That music was some of the worst I've heard, and that was before the lyrics started. Still, a funny time was had.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Y'know this entire thing can be summed up by the games' logos. The new one looks like complete dogshit compared to the original.
Barbas said:
That music was some of the worst I've heard, and that was before the lyrics started.
Them's fightin' words.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
But I also think you guys are being way too negative. We haven't seen any gameplay yet, but people are already calling it a failure. The comparisons with Battlefront 2 are also a bit unfair. The number of maps especially.
Why is comparing a game to it's predecessor "unfair"? Especially considering it's predecessor came out 10 years ago with nowhere near the technological capabilities we have today? Beyond that, I can already tell you what the gameplay is going to be like: generic 1st/3rd Person Shooter with Star Wars Theme.

What made BFII so great were all the features that this BF is going to be lacking. Space Battles. Tons of Vehicles. Numerous Hero Units. Galactic-frickin'-Conquest. Hell, even the Campaign was pretty entertaining while this one looks like it's just going to be a Multiplayer Only (a format that has failed miserably every time it's been tried in the past couple years).

The biggest sin in my eyes is still the lack of the prequel factions. Say what you want about the movies, but the droids were my favorite team back in BFII...now they're gone.

Arkliem said:
There's been no word on space battles either, and I loved playing those in 2.
Actually one of the first things they confirmed about this game was that there was going to be no space battles. :p

Though to be fair, they'll probably end up selling them to us later as DLC.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Don't we call this "streamlining" now, or something? It's a reboot, streamlined for the newer braindead consuming masses. Streamlining all that tasty currency into EA's fund grinder so they can snort the end powder while shouting at their dancing bears to dance faster upon their spindle towers in the sky.

Hartland

Apr 16, 2012
Just in chase anyone was wondering the music is called "Komm, süsser tod" and is part of the "End of Evangelion" sound track. I find the song fun because the music kind of have a happy feel to it, but if you listen to the lyrics they're sad.

Have nothing to add about EA that has not already been said.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Don't we call this "streamlining" now, or something? It's a reboot, streamlined for the newer braindead consuming masses. Streamlining all that tasty currency into EA's fund grinder so they can snort the end powder while shouting at their dancing bears to dance faster upon their spindle towers in the sky.
I think the top comment on that site says it best: "East AR Wars..." (EA Star Wars for those who didn't catch it :p) "...was the most anticipated game of this generation, until it was actually announced."

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
This is like the pinnacle of EA's EA-ness. Taking something that everyone loves, turning it into a Battlefield clone, ripping out all the content and trying to sell it back to us as DLC and completely missing the point of what made the previous ones so successful.

I seriously don't understand this at all. Supposedly the reason they're doing this is because they'll get more money by homogenising a beloved title so that people who loved it before will buy it and so will the general mooks who buy every CoD and Battlefield game. Here's the thing though, the general BF/CoD crowd won't be attracted to this title, and the people who loved it before certainly aren't going for this bastardised, homogenous, husk of a clone of a game, so how do they expect to get anything from it? They knew outright what people really wanted and would buy, why do they think it'll be more successful if they ruin that? It's The Elder Scrolls Online all over again, except with EA's usual bollocks mixed in.

With any luck the thing will sell terribly and EA will make a huge loss and rethink things, but we all know that won't happen, some crazy how. And even if it did tank, they'd probably go "well clearly the problem was that it was too risky and different and had too much content that wasn't DLC, we'll have to focus on these things" because they are fucking arseholes that need twatting round the lughole.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Aerosteam said:
Y'know this entire thing can be summed up by the games' logos. The new one looks like complete dogshit compared to the original.
Barbas said:
That music was some of the worst I've heard, and that was before the lyrics started.
Them's fightin' words.
That's funny, I could swear I remember the last tsar saying that once!