Bayonetta Dev Wants to Make Sequel

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Bayonetta Dev Wants to Make Sequel

Good news: everyone wants to make a Bayonetta sequel. Bad news: it's going to be a while before the project actually manifests.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Bayonetta-Playstation-3/dp/B001YHX4B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286210705&sr=8-1>Bayonetta managed to win over a lot of fans <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7024-Review-Bayonetta>thanks to its stylish action, as well its utter ridiculousness. The game also garnered near-universal praise from critics, so it's not exactly surprising that people have been clamoring for a sequel ever since. From the sound of things, PlatinumGames is planning just such a project, but it's going to be a while before it comes out.

Studio co-founder Atsushi Inaba, speaking to Eurogamer, said the company "would love" to make a sequel, but that it will only do so "when the time is right."

Inaba's statement comes as a follow-up to a tweet by fellow PlatinumGames co-founder Hideki Kamiya. When a fan asked Kamiya "will there be a Bayonetta 2?" Kamiya responded "I believe so" and told another follower "she'll be back if you believe so."

Inaba's nebulous response sounds promising, but he made a point of explaining that the game isn't coming anytime soon. "There is no concrete plan or schedule that we can talk about," he told Eurogamer. "It's not like Kamiya said, 'Okay, we're going to make this.' But Bayonetta is definitely a special IP for us. We loved creating that game. We think it was a really good game. We would love to make a sequel to it when the time is right. That's all we can say."

Back in March, <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-keen-on-avp-bayonetta-sequels>Sega indicated that it'd probably be willing to make a sequel, so it sounds like fans will eventually get to see one. At least it sounds like every party is interested in the project, which is a promising beginning.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-04-pg-bayonetta-2-when-the-time-is-right>Eurogamer

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
I'm genuinely puzzled as to why the game did so well. I found nothing enjoyable in it at all and only finished it for the achievement points.

I hated the art style (the boss design was interesting, but not necessarily good), the controls, it's ludicrous excuse for a story, embarrassing dialogue, etc.

I know I'm in the minority there, maybe I'm not it's target audience, I don't know.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009

This is cool, iv never played the first one but id like too.
So this is welcome news to em.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Good, now they just need to redesign the character so her proportions are more correct. That and fix the button mapping or let us change it ourselves (best option.) as it was a real pain to target enemies with the lock-on button being where it was.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:

This is cool, iv never played the first one but id like too.
So this is welcome news to em.
That thing behind the spoiler tags is hilarious XD

OT: Man, oh how I wish for money for a PS3 now...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
oh god PLEASE NO!!

The last thing we need is another 8 hours of hair suit.
Everything about this game creeps me out, and i wish for all copys of it to be buryed and forgotten.

But thats just me ofcourse.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Bayonetta sequel? Yes! Oui! Hai! Ja! Da! Si! Yo'u! Ano! Ne! Haji! Shi!

Please do make it, I need more madness, more frustration, more fun!

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, I think once strap ons and ball gags gain mainstream acceptance as legitimate video game weaopons, on par with the m16 and barret .50 cal, the time will be right for Bayonetta 2: BDSM Perfect Edition.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Make it happen :D

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I'm thoroughly indifferent to this, really. The game was...well, batshit, and kind of stopped being fun to play for me. I'll give the sequel a try, but if it's the same frenetic, nonsensical, rampant absurdity, well, I can't say I'm really looking forward to it.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
I'm still dissapointed that Kamiya and SUDA 51 haven't teamed up yet. In my humbble opinion, Travis and Bayonetta are the perfect couple.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
HT_Black said:
Travis and Bayonetta are the perfect couple.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Can't wait. Loved the original, wish I could still play it! (was my friend's copy and console...)

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I love this game, I love the idea of a sequel. I really want a competant PC port of the first game while they are at it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I don't quite get it- despite it being an apparent success, I haven't heard hardly anything about it since it was released. I question its staying power.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
This will be wonderful. The first one was great, the second one will be too.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
I want a sequel, but there's something else that I think would be kinda cool, but will probably never come to be.
I was just reading a article about old DreamCast games, and Cannon Spike came up. Now that I've seen this, I wonder if a Cannon Spike sequel would be better with Bayonetta in as an extra character.
Hmmm...
Bayonetta and Cammy together...

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
This only makes me wish I could grow my hair long enough to cover my entire body.

But that would take so long to upkeep.