Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Say something you hate about a game you love. Note, do not bash a game serioes or say things like "It ends <3 :D :)" It must be a true complaint about your most beloved game.

For me. Saints Row 2: God this game was so much fun, and has a special place in my heart, but god if they needed bigger battles, and more random missions to help keep the game flowing. Gang Customization also needed to be that instead of choosing predefineds.

Saints Row 2, I love you.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Pokémon B/W has the entire bottom screen being c-gear. I would rather another version of the pokétch or something like SS/HG had which allows menu access without pressing a button.

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
Just started playing through Kingdom hearts 1 yesterday, brilliant game and I enjoy every second... or at least I enjoy the seconds that don't have the camera sticking itself in awkward walls and other places where I can't see a thing, usually at times when I most need to.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Crash Bandicoot....I....hmmmm. I honestly can't think of anything.

007 Nightfire's respawning snipers were complete bullshit.

Fallout New Vegas's movement felt like crap. (Although I must boast my machine was configured just so that it could run NV stabely)

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
Bioshock.

Wish everyone I heard through audio diaries weren't already dead corpses (Diane, Marsha, and Anna Cullpepper) to name some. Here's hoping Infinite does better.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Silent Hill 2.

I'm playing through it for the 6th time, and I'm having alot of fun. But, I realised something that I hadn't realised on all the other playthroughs:

The Camera's Shit

ICO

Yonda just gets captured too much, and the monster spawn-rate's too high. Once, I was clearing out a room, with Yonda behind me, I took one step forward, and she was busy being dragged away by one of the Horn-Spirits. Then, after I killed that one, another spawned and got her AGAIN, and, then after I killed that one, another one spawned, and another one, and another, until they were all gang-raping me and Yonda was long dead. I broke my controller in frustration as the game-over music played...

Stevo95

Sep 22, 2010
Skate 3's time trials where you had to pull off a certain number of tricks in a few minutes. I did every single challenge in the game except a few of those.

I do love skate 3 though, I didn't spend more time with any other game last year, it had at least or 50 or 60 hours of playtime on the clock

Apr 28, 2008
New Vegas' interior level design feels like it was designed by brain-damaged monkeys.

Seriously, when a 3-room house becomes a maze, you failed at level design.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Baldur's Gate has a really slow combat system if you're a mage, and you have to rest every five minutes just so you can do some decent dps. Might have worked if they rebalanced the AD&D rules for the game, but I guess BioWare was too lazy.

Persona 4 has Teddie. He's unbearable.

Persona 3 has Fuuka. And an entire month in which you do nothing.

Digital Devil Saga has the requisite SMT Big Fucking Tower? that you will spend HOURS climbing. Many, many hours. Plus there's a boss who casts Mamudoon twice, meaning that the only way to make sure it won't kill your entire party is to spend loads of time leveling death magic to get the resistance.

I also would've liked more character/plot interaction to break up some of the longer dungeon crawls (what can I say, I love Persona), but I get the feeling the hardcore fans would hate me for saying that.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
WhiteTiger225 said:
I'm not a man, being a woman, but I'll give it a go. I enjoy critizing that which I love.

Xenogears. Still my best game ever. Great plot, great combat, great characters.

On Disk 2, they started running out of budget, so they moved into a "and here's what happened" section where they skim ahead with characters recalling what just occurred punctuated with a dungeon here, a boss fight there. Most fans hate it, but I honestly didn't mind it, even if actually playing through it would have been more awesome.

What I HATE is the fact that, during this plot, my two very favorite characters go on a mission together to a really cool (and very plot-relevant) dungeon... that is ENTIRELY SKIPPED in gameplay. The player is told they are leaving, given two lousy pictures of things that took place there - awesome things, that I would have enjoyed playing - and then the two characters are back safely and successfully. It's no fair - I wanted to play that!

Of all the things they included, the fact that they cut that dungeon just makes me sad and frustrated every time I play.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Hmmm I'm gonna say MW2 and the incomprehensible plot.

Seriously why does Shepard go rouge? I honestly have no idea, even though it was very predictable.

Vanquish for having melee use up all of your suit's power in just one attack. Also Just Cause 2 and its lack of variation in enemies.

Still three of the best games I've ever played.

mariofan1000

Sep 25, 2009
Avenging spirit: It's got a innovative mechanic, is good fun and gets repetitive after a while.

Tower Of Heaven: Short but sweet, I agree and better than having levels that tire you after a while, but honestly, how hard would it have been to stick a couple more levels in there?

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
Dragon Age 2... The re-usage of maps was lazy, and retconning Zevran's fate *almost* made me stop loving it. But it's still my favourite.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Are we on the moon? It's so goddamn FLOATY!

Resident Evil 5.

FUCK the goddamned controls.

Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Does every player online have to be a master at the game? God damn, I get my ass handed to me all the time!

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The Phoenix Wright games... There wasn't enough Edgeworth... That is all

[HEADING=2]Hold It![/HEADING]

Apollo Justice's Percieve system had to much tutorial, it was at least Case 2 Trial 2 before they let you use it properly... And the last Trial was only 2 piss easy Objection!s