Beamdog Sets its Sights on Icewind Dale

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Eclectic Dreck said:
I love Icewind Dale. It seems important to mention that before I move on.

The problem is, I don't actually want to play Icewind Dale or Baldur's Gate again unless they make significant changes. I've tried to do so. Recently. And the experience was not hampered by technical difficulties but simply that the game desperately needs significant mechanical and UI updates. Playing an infinity engine game is fantastically tedious,

You can keep the graphics, sounds, assets and rule set if you must. But for the love of god, give me an interface that benefits from an extra fifteen years of game design.
Well some good news one of the main things they are working on is the UI. Trent Oster has mentioned they really want to improve the UI several times and they are working hard on it.

manonfire11

Jun 24, 2011
Seeing how Icewind Dale is the best game ever created IMO, I'm praying they actually do this. It would be simply amazing playing Icewind Dale on the go.

Caffiene

Jul 21, 2010
Slow news day? Seems kind of a non-event thats he saying they are "interested" in doing IWD, considering hes already said [http://www.skepticreport.com/images/nav/pdf.jpg] they are "pursuing" doing Planescape.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Caffiene said:
Slow news day? Seems kind of a non-event thats he saying they are "interested" in doing IWD, considering hes already said [http://www.skepticreport.com/images/nav/pdf.jpg] they are "pursuing" doing Planescape.
Well I wouldn't mind if they did a round up every now and then with all of the information that has been said but every one of the articles that has been done on Beamdog and the Infinity Engine games has been awful with misinformation and horrible timing all around. I spent a few hours of my own time telling everyone Bioware had nothing to do with BGEE when they did their first article because I hate misinformation. When they said no info was said about BGEE (when in fact plenty was said) I made my own forum post rounding everything up myself. A few days later they did the same but missed well over half it as well. I have no idea why they keep messing up so much with these.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
I dig that all these classic dungeon crawlers are coming back. I never had a time to really play em when they came out, so I'm excited i'll get the chance to do so now!

DVS BSTrD said:
I hope Icewind Dale doesn't turn into an oubliette
How? How do you do it?

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I heard from someone who works in beamdog (the director or ceo, I can't remember) that they want to do Torment.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Hannibal942 said:
I heard from someone who works in beamdog (the director or ceo, I can't remember) that they want to do Torment.

Trent Oster who is the head of Beamdog said so on his twitter. I would assume that would come after BG3 but before Icewind Dale.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
saintdane05 said:
Play as Drizzt or no Deal. That is my entire say in this discussion.
Drizzt is just too overpowered to be played as a character. The guy is designed from the ground up to be an untouchable, plot armour wearing Mary Sue. Now being trained by him or mentored, if you will, that might work.

O.T: I'm very intrigued in the enhanced version. And, I will undoubtedly throw my support behind it when the time comes.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Play as Drizzt or no Deal. That is my entire say in this discussion.
If you play an elf called Drizzt in BG2 when you actually run into Drizzt he attacks you for dishonoring his name if your reputation isn't high enough.

JFSOCC

Apr 5, 2010
Oh for god's sake I keep having to tell people Diablo is no RPG, it's a dungeon crawler, and now the opposite happens. Icewind dale ISN'T a dungeon crawler, it's an RPG.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Awesome, the infinity engine is perfect for tablet play. They need to do an update of Planescape Torment to get the best written game every made to a new audience.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Leftnt Sharpe said:
*throws money at screen* I know this is turning into such a hype-train but I honestly don't give a single fuck this day. The Infinity engine games are still some of the best games on PC, including one of the most underrated games of all time: Icewind Dale 2.It got overshadowed by NWN and Morrowind the year it was released which was unfortunate.

Also for those wondering about BG3, Black Isle/Interplay was making a game called Baldur's Gate 3: The Black Hound. I think it was supposed to be more like the IWD games and set in the Dales.

That is the most beautiful box art I've seen for some time.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
Hannibal942 said:

This.

If they can fix Planescape: Torment I will sell blood to make the money to buy it.

Wait, they don't take blood from people with cancer?

I'll sell someone else's blood. ::begins to look around::