Beat up Square Enix President in Final Fantasy XV DLC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Beat up Square Enix President in Final Fantasy XV DLC

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1365/1365041.jpg
You'll soon be able to battle Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda in a Final Fantasy XV boss fight DLC.

Final Fantasy XV is in this weird timeline where it's sort of in modern times but also not. As such, it's a lot easier for it to draw things from modern pop culture. One of those things is none other than Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda, who will apparently be added into the game as a boss fight DLC.

Prior to the game's launch, Square streamed a special promotional cut [https://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xv-pre-launch-stream-fighting-giant-kids-dogs-and-flying-level-99-square-enix-presidents-401529.phtml] of the game that featured the boss fight with Matsuda. Game director Hajime Tabata confirmed in a stream that it will be available to all players as DLC at some point.

Tabata also briefly talked about the free Holiday DLC that will add New Game Plus and a "Level Cap Creation Feature".

Final Fantasy XV is now available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Source: Gematsu [http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-yosuke-matsuda-boss-battle-planned-downloadable-content]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I prefer Yoshida so can I can Ultima his ass back to the dawn of time for fucking up the development of Final Fantasy 12.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Can we beat up wada, who basically ruined the company?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't know if this was done out of sarcastic humor because they know he's not liked at all or out of sheer ignorance.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
I prefer Yoshida so can I can Ultima his ass back to the dawn of time for fucking up the development of Final Fantasy 12.
Not his fault for Yasumi Matsuno getting sick halfway through writing 12. Some things you can't control.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
AzrealMaximillion said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Not his fault for Yasumi Matsuno getting sick halfway through writing 12. Some things you can't control.
But it was Yoshida that insisted to have Vaan be added in the game.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Pokemon has had this for a long time now. In a number of the games you can battle Morimoto in game.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Marik2 said:
Solo-Wing said:
Pokemon has had this for a long time now. In a number of the games you can battle Morimoto in game.
In which games?
BLack/White, Black/White 2 and most recently Sun/Moon.

In all three you can battle Shigeki Morimoto, one of the lead designers for the Pokemon series.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
He has a Ten Thousand Needles attack where every needle steals five Gil. You then get a pointless DLC pack.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Samtemdo8 said:
But it was Yoshida that insisted to have Vaan be added in the game.
Meh, when you have to make a game on a deadline and half the story if blank, shit happens. Vaan sucks sure, but Yoshida was one of the few writers that had to Frankenstein a story out of an FF game.