Beating Skyrim

Almack

May 1, 2012
So my character in skyrim has at last discovered every location on the map, cleard every burrow cave and dwemer ruin has slain mirrak and alduin is the the head of every faction. thane of every hold owns all the fully upgraded houses each decorated the way I felt they should be has maxed out every skill aside from speech craft and baring ten dollars(money I don't have) and a few hours with dawnguard dlc I finally only at this point I have decided that I have beaten skyrim. So I ask you when did you feel you had seen everything and done everything that you cared to see and do in skyrim.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I felt that I'd done everything after completing the Civil War, Winterhold, main quest and Dark Brotherhood quests along with all of the Daedric ones. After that the game just kind of trailed off for me. I still went through and did the Thieves' Guild and the Companions, but I just didn't feel invested in them as much.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Once Ive done all the major storylines, and figured out how to break the game in at least two ways, I usually consider myself having beat an Elder Scrolls game.

Doesnt mean I will stop playing it, whichever ES is newest its the game I play when I just want to play a video game and dont have anything new to entertain me or anything else taking my fancy.

TheOneBearded

Oct 31, 2011
After something like this happens, there is only one thing to do. Turn the game off and, after a month or two, start all over again. The cycle continues.

theshadavid

Nerrrrrrrd
Aug 10, 2009
I stopped playing when I realized that there's no good way to spend your money if you have a lot of it.

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
PC master race! Mods galore! While certain quests can be repeatable for certain factions (Dark Brotherhood, Companions, etc.) it's only through the imagination and hard work of the modding community that the content is truly (theoretically) endless.
Yes, it can sometimes be a pain to get 50+ mods to work together right, but when you do... oh man... it's awesome.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Never.
I make another character, or give the game a rest for a bit, come back creatively recharged.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
i beat skyrim when a got into solstheim and instantly had a nostalgiagasm and decided to play morrowind again :p

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I started the Dragonborn DLC yesterday amped for some new Skyrim content but feeling pretty 'meh' about the whole game at this point. I'll beat the DLC but seeing as how it's the last big piece of content I have left to play, I'm pretty sure I won't be coming back to Skyrim ever again afterwards.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'm still really sore about there not being any more DLC. So much for your Shivering Isles level of content support, huh Bethesda?

I've just beat Dragonborn myself, but I've quickly explored that one to death. I usually find something to do; I have a lot of fun with my thief character and I've really enjoyed starting new characters with randomised races and skills. I'm hanging out for TESO though, and I could really have done with one more area to explore.