Beavis and Butthead to Take on YouTube, Jersey Shore

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Beavis and Butthead to Take on YouTube, Jersey Shore

MTV has revealed what Beavis and Butthead will make fun of in an era where music television has completely changed.

Now that returning to TV [http://www.amazon.com/Beavis-Butt-head-Mike-Judge-Collection/dp/B000B5XOWU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297957781&sr=8-1], there was a question as to what they'd watch other than the once plentiful music videos. According to MTV president Van Toffler, the content of a new Beavis and Butthead show is a no-brainer, because there's still plenty to make fun of on TV today.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Toffler revealed that the new show will still lampoon the content on MTV, but now the duo will make fun of shows like Jersey Shore. In addition, Beavis and Butthead will watch UFC matches, YouTube videos, and similar content alongside their old mainstay music videos.

As for their personalities, Beavis and Butthead will still be the same morons they always were. "They'll have the same intelligence," Toffler reveals. "They're the same boneheads sitting on the same couch, commenting on things through a really simple prism."

Everything, even YouTube videos, will still be displayed on the duo's television, presumably allowing the show to get past the fact that Beavis and Butthead wouldn't really be able to use a computer. There will be more "self-contained" segments too, Toffler revealed, so Beavis and Butthead's interactions with modern technology are an obvious focus for some of these.

MTV plans to launch Beavis and Butthead with the help of social networks like Facebook and Twitter, and Toggler even mentioned a potential appearance in movie theaters. I've got to be honest, I think the show has a lot of potential in the modern age. It's been over 13 years since Beavis and Butthead last showed their giant heads, and original creator Mike Judge is back at the show's helm with 13 years of culture to make fun of. There's currently no word on when the first episode will hit the airwaves, but it's coming. Be afraid.

Source: Collider [http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/exclusive-new-beavis-and-butthead-will-tackle-jersey-shore-and-more-20110216]

olfelix

May 14, 2010
Can?t' believe it's been 13 years.

Really looking forward to how this turns out. Welcome back boneheads.

se7ensenses

Jun 10, 2009
It should be even better than the predecessor, which will make it sweet. Especially w/ MMA content added in the mix.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
I use to watch these guys when staying up late at night, i believe with all stuff on tv nowadays it would make sense that they are making a comback.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I don't know, I get the feeling this won't be as successful. These characters are as much a product of the 90's as they helped shape the decade themselves. Assuming the picture is from the new show, it looks like they really haven't done much to change them (they're still wearing AC/DC and Metallica shirts, for crying out loud!)

Moreover, many fans have moved on in their life. I'm not saying they won't watch it, but many of them have established a career, gotten married, started a family, etc. I just don't know if these two boneheads are going to strike the same receptive cord with a more mature audience (and I doubt today's teens/college students are going to hop onto the bandwagon quite as eagerly).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Finally, someone to stick it to Jersey Shore! Those guys have been unaccosted for too long!

(Does the sarcasm show, or do I need tags?)

WarpCode

Mar 18, 2010
They better up their level of offensiveness for this new generation. Sure some people got offended by them in the 90s but the things they said and did are pretty tame by todays standards.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
I remember lol'ing so hard as a kid. I wonder if age difference will make a difference.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I have a funny feeling it's going to be too tame either because it'll be stuck in the 90's controversy wise and MTV's audience has shifted from that timeframe

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
Is Mike Judge doing it? It wont be the same if he isn't directing it, nor will I watch it...

Wait, did I just suggest that I might be interested in watching something on MTV? Where did I but that pistol...

Karthesios

Jul 11, 2010
Elementlmage said:
Is Mike Judge doing it? It wont be the same if he isn't directing it, nor will I watch it...

Wait, did I just suggest that I might be interested in watching something on MTV? Where did I but that pistol...
Yes, Mike Judge will be back in charge when the show comes back.

Apr 28, 2008
Sweet. My dad will love this news.

Used to watch Beavis and Butthead with him when I was a kid. Good times...

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
It's good to see those two idiot's are coming back for round 2 and they've been training to take on a whole new world.