Become "El Presidente" in Tropico 4

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I should really play the first one some more...this may be controversial but first time I played through it it wasn't THAT fun.
Ah well.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
I'm still pretty bummed that they don't make these for Mac anymore. Even more bummed now that there's less reason to avoid it, post Intel guts.

Anyway, for those who do play it, I hope it scratches the itch, and I also hope that they decide to do a port to OS X sometime.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
back then i really enjoyed tropico 2... the first one was way too much bugged, i'm not saying the second wasn't, but the piraty thingy was funnier, compared to the pseudo Dictatorships that tries to transform themselves into "democracys" XD

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
Tattaglia said:
Great, I loved Tropico 3. All I ask is for the DJ to say "Good moooooorniiiiing Tropicoooooo!" a bit less.
get the expansion, there's an edict you can pass that shoots him.

also, i've only played 3 (steam sales) and i really like it, but this seems like an expansion. hopefully it's got 6-9 months to add more, and it can't be that hard to add stuff to a sim city game.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Tropico 3 on the 360 was actually, surprise surprise, very good and not just "for a port". Granted the control scheme wasn't PC quality either but it was perfectly playable.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
They used to call this sort of thing an expansion ... god I feel old ...

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
I got bored of the Tropico series due to its lack of depth. When it comes to city builders, I prefer the insanely additive Anno 1404. Could easily spend a whole day on that game and not get bored.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
no oneder said:
I've never heard of Tropico 1-3, but it sounds like a pretty fun game, and I really don't like city simulators at all.
I have only played Tropico 2, and if that's the same system as the others, then it's basically like Evil Genius with a pinch of RTS mixed in. I rather enjoyed 2, but couldn't justify the moneys for 3. Glad to see the franchise continues.

Yelchor

Aug 30, 2009
I'll look forward to this! Just recently purchased Tropico 3 and its expansion pack after having been introduced to it by a friend. Not as irritating as Sim City and not as unsatisfying as the Settlers if you ask me. A solid gameplay with alot of humor.

I would like them to implement veichles to your armies though. I want tanks!

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
samsonguy920 said:
no oneder said:
I've never heard of Tropico 1-3, but it sounds like a pretty fun game, and I really don't like city simulators at all.
I have only played Tropico 2, and if that's the same system as the others, then it's basically like Evil Genius with a pinch of RTS mixed in. I rather enjoyed 2, but couldn't justify the moneys for 3. Glad to see the franchise continues.
How's Evil Genius? Somehow I managed to never get my hands on computer games that I've always wanted.