Been a while since we had one of these: Draw a game you've been playing!

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Nah, it's Mount & Blade: Warband. It's a rather well known and critisised flaw of the game that the sieges only have one ladder, which result in your troops bunching up on it and getting destroyed.
I could have sworn I Played a siege or two where I had TWO ladders! :D Oh man was that the greatest or what. I don't remember if it was warband, or With fire and sword though.... Still, Killing myself here hoping for more news on Bannerlords.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Skeleon said:
Dude, you need to stop posting old SNES-games.
That's like telling a 20-something he needs to stop putting 90s tracks on the jukebox. It's my era!

Ok looking through the old thread, apparently I did this and I have no idea how:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
The dialogue might be cheating a bit but oh well.

Ah man, I've always wanted to play Haunting Ground, but I could never get my hands on a copy.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

Ah man, I've always wanted to play Haunting Ground, but I could never get my hands on a copy.
The dog mechanic is a little clunky but overall I'm pretty impressed with the game. Huge, richly detailed castle and you can run with a stalker in tow from one end to another without a single loading screen in between. I'm proud of my PS2 :p

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

The dog mechanic is a little clunky but overall I'm pretty impressed with the game. Huge, richly detailed castle and you can run with a stalker in tow from one end to another without a single loading screen in between. I'm proud of my PS2 :p
And apparently it was mostly made from the scraps left when they made Resident Evil 4. Ofcourse there were probably quite a few scraps, with Mikami starting from square one while RE4 was pretty far into production.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Casual Shinji said:
Johnny Novgorod said:

And apparently it was mostly made from the scraps left when they made Resident Evil 4. Ofcourse there were probably quite a few scraps, with Mikami starting from square one while RE4 was pretty far into production.
Totally! A large part of the scenery seems to have been scrapped from Salazar's castle (all very cheesy and baroque). The protagonist is a dead ringer for Ashley. Debilitas kinda looks like El Gigante. And of course, the dog shows up in both games to help the player against El Gigante/Debilitas. Then there's the fact both games borrow heavily from horror B movies and are quite campy in design, though I think Haunting Ground is creepier because of the overt sexual motifs and gory subtleties. Leon getting beheaded is gross; Fiona getting... whatever it is she gets when the camera cuts away... is disturbing.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Totally! A large part of the scenery seems to have been scrapped from Salazar's castle (all very cheesy and baroque). The protagonist is a dead ringer for Ashley. Debilitas kinda looks like El Gigante. And of course, the dog shows up in both games to help the player against El Gigante/Debilitas. Then there's the fact both games borrow heavily from horror B movies and are quite campy in design, though I think Haunting Ground is creepier because of the overt sexual motifs and gory subtleties. Leon getting beheaded is gross; Fiona getting... whatever it is she gets when the camera cuts away... is disturbing.
Damn, now I wanna play it even more. I only ever saw a little bit of footage along with Two Best Friends playing it for about an hour in their Shitstorm of Scariness. And the game looks fucking great. This was really the twilight years when developers had totally figured out the PS2 and could make it dance to their tune. Just look at Silent Hill 3, it still has better shading then many games today.

Mabster

May 8, 2011
The_Lost_King said:
Do you like my paint skills of slapping together shapes?
Simon's glorious ARSE mines are a dead giveaway. It's Magicka.

Here's my random combination of two gems from the 90's:

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
Mabster said:
I'm sure this is wrong, but I got a distinct "Day of the Tentacle" vibe about that picture.

I reckon mine sums up the game pretty well. Pretty well-known game so shouldn't be too hard...

Diserasta

Jul 13, 2009
teh_Canape said:
neonsword13-ops said:
Bzzzzt.

Keep guessing! ;D

Hint: It's an RPG for the PS2.
Odin Sphere son
motha
fucking
Odin Sphere
OT:
Too easy. Chie Satonaka. Persona 4. Jumper gives it away a bit. Not to mention she's your avatar :p

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Diserasta said:
teh_Canape said:
neonsword13-ops said:
Bzzzzt.

Keep guessing! ;D

Hint: It's an RPG for the PS2.
Odin Sphere son
motha
fucking
Odin Sphere
OT:
Too easy. Chie Satonaka. Persona 4. Jumper gives it away a bit. Not to mention she's your avatar :p
butbutbut
the Chariot Arcana mask

dammit I knew I should've posted the colorless one

Devetta

Aug 14, 2009
Eomega123 said:
Hahahaha. Surgeon simulator 2013. You forgot to draw his watch inside the patient's carcass.