Bees Can Sense Flowers Using Electric Fields

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Mad Artillery said:
Interesting read. I always love these random bits of science on the escapist.
agreed.

I shall file this in the fucking cool but incredible useless for everyday use information portion of my brain.

Deryl Owens

Jun 20, 2012
When you transfer charge with an object you usually feel a shock. Its easier to like [no shock + sweet] vs [get shock + bitter]. If the bees had preferred bitter liquid over sweet liquid based on charge that would have been more conclusive.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Pebkio said:
Then why the hell do bees constantly buzz my colored clothing? Hmm? Tell me! They're not flowers but bees only fly in close when I'm wearing my Hawaiian shirts.

I friggin' hate bees!
They're picking up on your negativity!

Amazing how much we're learning about things we've taken for granted for centuries.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Thought so. And it should be no wonder that artificial electromagnetic fields interfere with bees' behaviour. Clearly there needs to be some sort of regulation to reduce the amount of interference in rural areas.

Hug a bumblebee today!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
MammothBlade said:
Hug a bumblebee today!

He doesn't really look all that hugable, frankly...

OT: This is actually kinda freaky. Between this discovery and what was talked about in this article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122440-Electronic-Brain-Link-Lets-Rats-Send-Each-Other-Thoughts], I'm beginning to wonder if a theory I made in another message board about how the psionic ability of Telepathy could be likened to radio communication is fairly close to the truth. Now we just need to figure out a rig that will move objects around using magnetism by hooking a certain device up to our minds, and we'll prove that Telekinesis is possible.

I wouldn't go too far though. I actually did figure out a way Pyrokinesis was possible...