Before clicking this, think of a game franchise. Any game franchise.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Metal...Gear ?... Konami....

Solid Snake, obvious
Reiko Hinnimoto from Rumble Roses

Actually that's pretty much all it would take for me to buy a Konami Smash Bros. Metal Gear and Rumble Rose characters.

Mckeown

Jan 8, 2011
I picked brutal legend. Super Double Fine Bros.? Awesome!

Eddie Riggs, Guyrus Threepwood and Razz all duking it out. The power of metal vs the power of the mind vs insult sword fighting.

I don't even care how good it would be as a game, i'd still buy it.

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
I picked Devil May Cry, which means Capcom... which basically means Marvel versus Capcom, minus the Marvel.

But wait! The new DmC was developed by Ninja Theory, so we can include characters from all their games. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Dante face off with Monkey from Enslaved.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Oh, great, yeah...

I picked the Shadow Hearts franchise, developed by Sacnoth.

Funny thing about the developer: they don't exist anymore. More than that, apart from the three games of the Shadow Hearts franchise, they only had two other titles: Koudelka (of which the Shadow Hearts games are a spin-off) and Faselei! (which was made exclusively for the Neo Geo Pocket Color and was released only in Japan and the UK - very limited I might add). Thanks for making me feel a little more like crap today.

Anyway, on topic, these are the guys I want to see:

1) Yuri Volte Hyuga
Because he's the protagonist in two of the three Shadow Hearts games. Also, I would love to see his Harmonixer powers being implemented in a fighting/party game. I imagine it would be something akin to Bloody Roar.

2) Joachim Valentine
Because he's a vampire/wrestler/self-proclaimed superhero and he would be perfect in a fighting/party game.

3) Koudelka
I don't know. I'm just putting her here, because apart from Yuri, she's the only character that played a significant role in more than one game. And could actually be worth something in a "fighting/party game" context (so no, not counting Roger Bacon or Alice).

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Well, I thought of Halo. Neither Bungie nor 343 Industries have much in terms of a roster for a Super Smash Bros. clone.

The top three characters are obviously John-117, Thel 'Vadam, and the Didact though.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Dark Souls. So From Software...

From the Souls series, Solaire, Biorr and Yuria come to mind...

I've never played King's Field or any of their other games, so I don't know if there were any stand out characters in them.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Well. I was thinking about Sword of the Stars which is made by Kerberos Productions, which limits me to the races, so Giant, Sentient Mammal Bugs, Humanoid Lizardmen, Space Dragons, Humans (Ofcourse), Hyper Agressive Psychic Dogs, and Psychic Space Whales.

As for the top three characters, a Human in a Brawler Suit, http://nickersonm.com/sots/loading_splash/Human_BrawlerSuit.jpg

A Hiver Warrior or Prince, https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/68953_10151339799935926_248132915_n.jpg

And a Morrigi Warrior - https://www.weasyl.com/~ludocrow/submission/250013/ludocrow-fanart-morrigi-striker.png

As for why, Gotta have a human in oversized armor, it's just necessary, Hiver Warrior or Prince, the Hivers are a very interesting race to me, they focus on rather than training their young to be good at something, they just breed them for a specific trait, and the Morrigi Warrior, I love dragons.

step1999

Mar 11, 2010
I got Half-Life (so valve games) and my top 3 characters would be Gordon Freeman(Half-Life), GLaDOS(Portal) and Ellis (L4D2).

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Shin Megami Tensei. So... EyeReaper already got it. Hitoshura as the most brutal fighting boss EVER, then there is YHWH in SMT 2 and Hitler in Persona 2... it might not see daylight in western hemisphere.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
not_you said:
Well, I thought of Pokemon....

Made by Game Freak....

And I challenge anyone who didn't wikipedia them to name another game title they made....
Another challenger appears! I know they made a game called "Yoshi" back before Pokemon. Also they actually made a game on the Sega Genesis called Pulseman.

OT: I thought of Zelda, so with the second part of the question I thought of Pokemon and Mario. Sooo yeah I guess this thread wasn't made for me. XD

For the sake of fun I'll try again, Halo, so thinking of other Microsoft franchises, it would be Gears of War and Forza. I imagine the three characters to come out of that are Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, and a car.

P912

Oct 28, 2013
Thought of Assassin's Creed. Aiden Pearce, Jason Brody, Vaas, Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward Kenway, Aveline, Rayman...

This actually sounds kind of awesome and possible.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
So basically Persona 4 Arena with all mainline SMT/Persona characters. I'm maining Demifiend. I'd also love Tatsuya and "Flynn".

I haven't played Etrian Odyssey or Trauma Center, though

Valkaris

Jun 8, 2010
I was thinking of Mass Effect (like so many others), and thus the top MUST HAVE characters would be

Garrus: pistol A attack, hold down B for sniper shot.
Rex: A is head bash, sideways B is Krogan Charge.
Morrigan: A is staff, sideways B shoots fireball, hold B and release to shoot living bomb.

J9ACK9

Mar 10, 2010
... I came in with Darksiders.

Sssssoooo... THQ... that gives me... War and Death, Marvel Super Hero Squad, You Don't Know Jack, Red Faction, de Blob, and Fantastic Animals for the Kinect.

Mother of God, what I have done.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
I was thinking of Mega Man. So that means Capcom

For me the top 3 characters that have to be in there are the original Mega Man, X, and Zero. Other characters that would be in there naturally would be Dante and his DMC brethren and essentially capcom's half of the roster from the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

Khymerion

Apr 10, 2012
Great... I was thinking Heart of Iron... so that means Paradox Interactive. Wow. So I can draw upon the Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, Sengoku, and Crusader Kings amongst so many others... so... all of history to draw upon I could have Tokugawa Ieyasu uppercutting Adolf Hitler while Charlemagne is waiting in the wings. Amongst sooo many others people that could be called upon. All of history.