Behind the Green Screen

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Behind the Green Screen

Take a look at the technical marvel that is Loading Ready Run.

Read Full Article

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Hooray for proper and advanced greenscreening!
I was almost part of the folks who thought you only made half a GearsGear logo, but having watched the vid of you guys making the ENN logo I figured it would've been easy for you guys to make two of each letter. Little did I know it was really CG... nice job there!

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
I'm noticing that in earlier videos when there was a green screen involved and someone was wearing glasses, the green screen would reflect in the glasses. Lately, I haven't noticed that at all in your videos. How did you fix that? Any super-cool tricks?

LordFish

May 29, 2012
It really did look great Graham, I assumed you used some high-end CGI but it's really impressive to see how you did it.

In fact at the start of the scene I wondered where you were filming on location, only after I had a hard look did I notice the slight rendering on the wall. Top of the Class!

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I like the gears gear virtual set and the wind tunnel virtual set. Looks good in the video too!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
James didn't grow an actual Chaplin? Everything I know is a lie.

I figured out the background was CG pretty much instantly, good thing I didn't comment on that particular video and ruined everyone's fun.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
wind tunnel in heavy air quotes hehe
wow i really am easy to please sometimes.
oh and i didn't notice that the background was CG so great job.

TheMadPunter

Helium Voice
Nov 2, 2010
I feel ya, Graham; 3D motion tracking can be a real *****. Thank god for Mocha. BTW, which 3D program did you use for this, 3DSMax?