Behold the Skyrim Bacon Helmet!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Behold the Skyrim Bacon Helmet!

Fus Do Ham, kids - it's the Skyrim Bacon Helmet!

There's really not much more to say about this: it's a life-sized Dragonborn helmet from the hit RPG Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Xbox-360/dp/B004HYK956/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323800318&sr=8-1], made entirely out of bacon. Assembled, cooked and eaten - but not before being worn by its creator, a Reddit user who goes by the name "Liktwo."

[gallery=574]

He estimated that there's enough bacon in this thing to feed six to eight people, but as to the process of actually making it he didn't have much to say. "We put it in the oven," he wrote [http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/n8fkp/i_heard_reddit_likes_bacon_and_skyrim_more_pics/]. "The foil was necessary for stability."

So, that's that then. But looking at these pre-build pictures, I do have to wonder about his estimated number of people this lid could feed. I count 18 packages of bacon in the first pre-build pic and assuming it was all used, or even most of it, that works out very roughly to 2.5 pounds of bacon per person. I consider myself a pretty big bacon fan, but I'm not sure I could eat that much of it in one sitting without having a stroke. Maybe he was talking about six to eight hulking Nord dragon slayers?

via: The Daily What [http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/12/12/skyrim-bacon-helmet-of-the-day/#]

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Delicious and Protective!

Well except from all the wild animals that would probably attack you while wearing it due to the smell.

Plumerou

Mar 7, 2011
the only reason i would eat that, would be if someone stole my sweetroll

also insert arrow to the knee comment

Davih

May 7, 2011
Why would he put it on his head, then you can't even eat the thing because its all hairy and sweaty.
What a waste of perfectly good bacon.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Satsuki666 said:
That is rather disturbing. Who the hell would think to make a helmet out of bacon, plus isnt that kind of a waste of perfectly good bacon.
Only if you don't eat it.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Yes, wasting a large amount of food. Not only food but also parts of dead animals, is really something to be admired.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Satsuki666 said:
That is rather disturbing. Who the hell would think to make a helmet out of bacon, plus isnt that kind of a waste of perfectly good bacon.
Making things out of Bacon as a joke is an olllld internet schtick that started with jokes about fat people. You can find tons of wierd stuff people have made out of it.

I seem to remember someone built a "house" out of bacon by covering a tin shed with cooked bacon and then coating it with preservative glaze just to take pictures of it. If they did it right, it's probably still there and *looking* delicious even if it's no longer edible.

I'm still wondering when someone is going to get around to making "the Penetrator" from Saint's Row 3. I vaguely remember some searches for a dildo exactly like it (same size, color, vein positions, etc...) that was unsuccessful. Should it occur it will be a race to see whether Jim Sterling poses with it in The Jimquisition or someone actually releases choreographed fight videos like the one we saw for Arkham City done by the professional fight crew demonstraining how effective it could actually be..... (ummm, yeah... this latter bit is really possible, I assure you).

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Otaku World Order said:
Behold! The mighty helm of... THE BACONATOR! FOR WENDY'S!!
See! That's what Wendy's should have done with their Baconator, imagine the epicness of that meal!

*drools*

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Raj thinks you are crazy!
Welcome to share my moon sugar any day!

But why wear bacon? If did this, Wife Mjoll would savagely attack me for ruining breakfast! Should you not eat bacon and avoid beating from angry wife?

Raj swear, Nords get stranger everyday. Not know how they do it, but they do. At least fashion sense getting better.