Best Anime Episode Ever

yohlazy

Jul 1, 2011
Just wanted to look up some anime but figured instead of asking for what you feel is the best anime I just want an episode the best episode of anime in your mind. Doesn't have to be from you fav. anime but your favorite episode. (this may reqire looking things up)

And honestly I can't think of a perfect episode that I have seen maybe someone can make me think or agree on one.

Doctor Gonzo

Jun 22, 2011
The episode "Full Metal Vs. Flame" of Full Metal Alchemist. By far not the series' best writing, nor its greatest emotional/character...ial depth, but genuinely entertaining stuff.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Gonna have to be Pierrot Le Fou from Cowboy Bebop. That episode was intense, surreal, violent, dark, in a very different style (almost sort of horror Noir-ish) from the rest of the series. Just, great.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Episode 25 - Code Geass R2
Episode 18 - Clannad After Story
Episode 24 - Welcome to the N.H.K
Episode 11 - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Episode 13 - Serial Experiments Lain

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Ohh boy... Pretty good topic by the way OP, it's a surprisingly original twist on an old classic!

I really don't know how to answer it though... Possibly "Small Palms" from Clannad After Story, or maybe "Isaac and Miria Unintentionally Spread Happiness Around Them" from Baccano!

Small Palms because it is one of the most relieving and joyous things ever created by mankind (Trust me, you understand if you've seen it).
Isaac and Miria Unintentionally Spread Happiness Around Them because Isaac and Miria are two of the best characters ever, and that episode kind of focuses on them. Although in fairness I also really love "The Rail Tracer Covertly, Repeatedly Slaughters Inside the Coaches"... Or maybe... Actually OP, this is a very difficult question :p

Lucky Chainsaw

Jan 8, 2009
It was episode 2 of FLCL that made realize how special the show is. To this day I can reflect on the very bizarre emotional atmosphere that episode left me, and it's unlike anything I've ever felt before.

Zeroandx

Apr 7, 2010
The thing is if your just pulling one episode out of a sereis and say that thats the best and show it to someone else who hasent seen the sereis at all, its just going to make them confused.

Who are these people?
Why are they doing this?
Where are they going?
Whats that thing?
Whos that?
Am I supposto' be sad now?
Whats going on?
Is it over?

Essentally your pulling an episode out of context and it looses all meaning.
So ime going to say that the best anime episode ever is the first episode of whatever your watching.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Ashcrexl said:
Gonna have to be Pierrot Le Fou from Cowboy Bebop. That episode was intense, surreal, violent, dark, in a very different style (almost sort of horror Noir-ish) from the rest of the series. Just, great.
THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

Bloody creeped me out is what it did, god i wish i still had my Bebop DVD's.

yohlazy

Jul 1, 2011
Zeroandx said:
The thing is if your just pulling one episode out of a sereis and say that thats the best and show it to someone else who hasent seen the sereis at all, its just going to make them confused.

Who are these people?
Why are they doing this?
Where are they going?
Whats that thing?
Whos that?
Am I supposto' be sad now?
Whats going on?
Is it over?

Essentally your pulling an episode out of context and it looses all meaning.
So ime going to say that the best anime episode ever is the first episode of whatever your watching.
I understaind things will be out of context thats why I say in your mind. I am saying from your experiances all the same I do accually plan to look up the context for this (as long as this doesn't become like a 300 reply fourm) and watch what looks and sounds interesting.

On another note still havn't accualy watched all cowboy bebop

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Gurren Laggan episode 8, I can't really say why due to spoiler reasons, but the whole episode was just awesome, also introduced me to one of the greatest anime attacks I've ever seen.

Also included are episode 18-27 of Gurren Laggan and the final episode of Code Geass R2.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Episode 22 of Code Geass season 1...you know which one.
Euphemia covered in blood mowing down the Japanese with a huge grin on her face

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
Hard Puncher from Trigun: The first time Vash takes on the Nebraska family, for an awesome action moment free from all the power-level raising and half-a-season of buildup. It may not make any "all-time great" lists, but it's a personal favorite of mine. The one just before it, Love and Peace, is another fave.

Also, the ending of Cowboy Bebop. In all seriousness, the best anime ending ever, IMO.

And it's not an episode so much as a movie, but the Samurai X OVA of Rurouni Kenshin was extremely well-produced and very moving.

When Winry confronts Scar, and the whole conflict among her, Edward and Scar over whether she could stand to shoot him, then she breaks down when she can't. Part of it was when the episode ended, as she's breaking down and being comforted by Edward, it segued magnificently into the opening lyrics of the ending song: "Let it all out, Let it all out..."

Notere

Sep 11, 2008
Ashcrexl said:
This. The first scene doesn't need context. It's the animated distillation of a nightmare. Specifically, a nightmare for Spike. The rest of the episode goes from there. Technically, you could draw it out into a movie if you had the gall to do so. Otherwise, it operates almost completely independently. The series doesn't need it, and it does not need the series.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Episode 14, 15 and 20 of Ergo Proxy... all of their proxy battles were very imaginative and well done but these 3 stuck out the most... very creative and very well done... I actually didn't realize the Game Show episode was a proxy battle until the second time around when I knew what the glowing blue eyes meant...<.<

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Episode 14 of Soul Eater the "Super Written Exam"
one word
GIRAFFE!
<youtube=Gp4iHb3QAWs>
or episode 26 of Excel Saga.
No other series could ever take a scene involving a pedophile taking a 9 year old girl to a love hotel and make it one of the funniest moments ever animated.
I will not show that part but I will show this.
<youtube=W0DY2NNtZQ0>