Best Controllers

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
What controller(or handheld) do you consider the best ever.

Me-Keyboard and mouse cause I'm so Non-conformist i can't conform to my own thread.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Personally I love the original Xbox controller the best. It'd be a dream come true if they merged that with the 360 controller in terms of wirelessness, and replacing the memory card slots with the rechargeable battery.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
FranBunnyFFXII said:
Keyboard and mouse and xbox360 controler.
I like the PS3 one but I cant use it in my PC :<
360 controller looks better too
Really? There's some third party software on the intrawebs to get your PS3 controller working on the PC :)

OT: I like my QWERTY Keyboard and Multi-Button Mouse, but the PS3's really accommodates itself to my needs.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
For the sheer comfort of it...

The Wiimote + Nunchuck. I'm dead serious. It's just the whole split controller thing that I love. My hands are free to move about while gaming. Lying on the couch, one hand resting on my stomach and the other dangling towards the floor. I'm relaxed just thinking about it.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
FranBunnyFFXII said:
Share please, because I'd love to use a PS3 controller for my PC games that can use a controller.
I like fighting games beter on the PS3 controller.
Well, I wouldn't really know which one works but:

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

Try either one, I'm not 100% sure they'll work, you can always try google-ing "PS3 controller PC connect" or something. I used to use one, but it's been a long time, I can't remember it's name.

Scythas

May 19, 2009
The Gamecube controller was one of the most comfortable controllers to hold ever imho.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Xbox 360 controller. It's just comfortable in every way. Just wish the D-pad was better.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Depends on both my mood and the game I'm playing, but usually mouse and keyboard. If not a PS3 remote will do just fine.

FranBunnyFFXII said:
Share please, because I'd love to use a PS3 controller for my PC games that can use a controller.
I like fighting games beter on the PS3 controller.
http://www.motioninjoy.com/

That nifty little driver/tool there will have you using a PS3 remote with your PC in no time. There's a much easier way if you're on 32 bit, but for 64 that's the only method I've found that works. It's got 360 controller emulation too.

BigTortoise

May 26, 2011
Clicked on this thread hoping for a recommended PC gaming controller, ended in disappointment. Anyone willing to throw any at me?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
enzilewulf said:
The Nintendo 64 controller. Because they looked fucking sweet.
Yeah, but the fact that they wore out so quickly stops it being the best ever controller in my mind. The Gamecube controller was better looking, comfortable to use and made to last.