Best Cutscenes Ever

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
Good point on quick cutscenes. I can't sit through more than 5 minutes of cutscene so I'd probably go insane playing (or, watching) MGS.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Living_Brain said:
Good point on quick cutscenes. I can't sit through more than 5 minutes of cutscene so I'd probably go insane playing (or, watching) MGS.
If everyone hates MGS cutscenes so much and prefer in-game scenes, does that mean they'd like the ladder part in MGS 3 where you climb up a frighteningly tall ladder while a disembodied voice sings the opening theme?

Apr 28, 2008
Punch You said:
Living_Brain said:
If everyone hates MGS cutscenes so much and prefer in-game scenes, does that mean they'd like the ladder part in MGS 3 where you climb up a frighteningly tall ladder while a disembodied voice sings the opening theme?
But that was one of the best parts of the game!

Though you raise a good point. Is a 5+ cutscene that's skippable really worse than a 5+ gameplay segment (think Half Life 2. I'm not saying it has bad cutscene segments, I'm just using its general cutscene segment style as an example) that's not skippable?

Though this relies on the cutscene being skippable, but still.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010

I don't know how I forgot, Giants: Citizen Kabuto! That was the only game that made me literally drool during a cutscene.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
Punch You said:
Wonderful scene. I don't know why but that was beautiful. So soothing, something you rarely experience in a game. It is reminiscent of the Geena Easton song in Miami Vice in that way.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I think I like the style of what Chris did on his bit today more than just talking about the game or other game, taking a leisurely bit of reflexion on the topic in general is pretty cool