Best Depictions of Hell

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Paradise Lost and Inferno are both very big and epic descriptions of hell, but Stephen King's version is notable as well, because it is the repetetition of your final moments - forever.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Several webpages I've seen on the internet, including this one:

http://www.belladesoto.us/ Link gone

-and couple other ones which I am not in liberty of posting the links for.

sameesme

Jan 19, 2009
has anyone seen the hell from Supernatural?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_l4E2FNEw

also, hell in The Darkness was amazingly epic too. WWI is so cool

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I would have to say a cross between "Little Nicky" and Meat Loaf's "Bat out of Hell 2" Album cover (the original).

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Diligent said:
Also if Jacob's ladder counts, its credited for some inspiration for silent hill, and it's credited for me realizing at a young age that you can be too young to watch certain movies.
yeah, it's debatable weather or not this is actually hell, but whatever.
What made that hell so fucking terrifing was that it was intertwined with the real world.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008

More seriously, (slightly), the version shown in Faust Eric. Seemed like a pretty hellish place if it could even upset the demons there...

Flack

Brushie Brushie Brushie
Mar 14, 2008
My favorite is the Divine Comedy representation of hell. I think it has a certain poetic justice. I especially like how in Purgatorio you're not there a permanently (as you work off your sins to be "cleansed" and enter Paradiso").

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
ThePurpleStuff said:
Also, you're strapped to a chair and forced to listen to the Jonas Brothers 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the rest of eternity, switching between that and Hanna Montana every once in a while.
Have an opinion of it the likes of which you want, but believe me, if you had to listen to one certain artist for an eternity, they would soon get even worse than you think the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana are right now.

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
photog212 said:
I think the best depiction is Dante's Inferno. The torture, the violence, the punishment, and the innermost circle is freezing. Plus I think its one of the most widely known versions and several people are even convinced its based on scripture and not just some pissed off Italian guy getting back at people he hated.
This, also I like his version of Purgatory, showing it as a bleak mountain where the "to-be-saved" are still working off their debts in life.

Dante was an awesome author, centuries before his time.

Darkenwrath

Apr 12, 2010
I gotta say Constantine's hell or the one portrayed in Dante's Inferno is pretty good for just downright nastiness. Though the ironic punishments are a bit silly...