Best Downloadable Game

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
jakjawagon said:
Recettear. An indie JRPG. Primarily about running an item shop, but the dungeon adventurey parts of it are great too.

I also agree with the previous recommendations of Beat Hazard (especially now the Ultra DLC is out) and Flower.
I agree. That's a great game.
However my vote goes to Saints Row 2. I did only pay 7 bucks for it on Steam so that fits into the category.
Also in the free category: 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes and 6 Days a Sacrifice. No games have scared me that much ever again.

Edit: I forgot about I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game. So hard, and so many hours wasted on finally becoming the guy.

chronicfc

Jun 1, 2011
Impossible Game is addictive, good value for 80ms points, also Duke Nukem 3D for 800ms or Serious Sam 1&2 HD for 1200ms each. Portal: Still Alive if you dont have Orange Box, again 800 ms points, depends what you like.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Probably Section 8 : Prejudice, I mean, yeah, it's essentially "Halo for a tenner," but it works :)

iMailbox

Apr 4, 2011
I cant believe no one has mentioned it yet but Battlefield 1943 is hands down my favorite downloadable game and very nearly my favorite battlefield, only held back by weak guns and sniping about as easy as brain surgery. Minecraft is excellent but when i remove an enemys top half with the wing of a stolen japanese zero to the cries of adoration from the squadmate i just saved, the moment tends to leave a larger impression.

Not saying minecraft isnt amazing though, and excuse me i need to go back inside, the sun is setting.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Uber Waddles said:
Terraria (PC) - People say its 2D MineCraft. If that deters you, slap yourself in the face. It has a focus more on exploration rather than building. Has Magic, special weapons, is a blast to play with friends (youll need some sort of program like Hamachi to run it in Multiplayer though), and boss fights. Very fun and engaging.

Castle Crashers (X360) - A fantastic side scroller action game, presented in 2.5D. Visuals are gorgeous, gameplay is fun, and the game is a laugh and a half. Easily surpasses a lot of games that charge the full $60 price tag.
That.

Also, Torchlight is an awesome Diablo-esq dungeon crawler.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I'm playing Lara Croft: Guardian of Light at the moment, even though I've have it for ages as I got it when it was half price, and it's pretty damn good awesome fun. Not the best, just the one I'm playing right now.

Don't really have a favorite as it changes all the time, but some mentions are: Braid, Limbo, Castle Crashers, Toy Soldiers, Shadow Complex, Zombie Apocalypse, Killing Floor (I got it on the disc but still) and probably more I can't remember at the moment.

Also, Capsized. I haven't played it yet as I'm waiting for it to come to the Xbox 360, but it looks soooooooooooooooooo good!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Half of my games were downloaded, mostly on Steam... hell, there's probably more downloadable games than not these days. What's going on?

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Magicka, because it is hilarious, and they have promised a competitive multiplayer! so now I can kill my friends with MAGICK!

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
I got Darksiders on a weekend deal, loved it. Also the entier half life series is composed of games under $10.00. Portal, one of the best games ever, can be gotten for under $10.00

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Undead Nightmare.

Shut up, it counts since you can download it as a standalone.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Kahunaburger said:
Cogwheel said:
The Spirit Engine 2
^This. It's a freeware RPG that's easily better than a solid majority of the RPGs you have to pay for. Good art, above-average writing, and insanely good combat and music. It's here. [http://www.thespiritengine.com/tse2-download.php]
Oh look, it's the other person who's played TSE.

You know what? Might as well link to Iji [http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php] and Stone Soup [http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/downloads] while I'm at it.

Burnseasons

Feb 24, 2011
Gonna have to give it to Vindictus and Bloodline champions. Yes I like my free online games. So what? D:

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Brown Cap said:
Xbox396, PS3, PC, Internet, Steam...
What;s one of the best games you have downloaded (aka ten dollar games) that you have enjoyed

I think Scott Pilgrim was a great game ESPECIALLY the price to hours of gameplay ratio
I spent almost months playing that game for just ten bucks

Minecraft!!!!!