Best Dragon in Gaming

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Alduin just looks epic. I must say, all the dragons of Skyrim have been developed so well. As a self-proclaimed lover of dragons, I was not disappointed.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the awesome Krayt Dragons in KotOR, they are beastly :)

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
binnsyboy said:
Charizard, despite the fact he was never categorized as a dragon type.
Dude, Gyarados was where it was at for non-dragon type dragons. As long as you didn't put him up against anything electric.

OT: Arokh from Draken, man I miss that game. In fact, I wonder if I still have my PS2 around somewhere.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm going with Alatreon, the hardest monster to defeat in Monster hunter Tri! Due to the location and the fact that it hit hard and since you cannot solo it like offline mode he is a very intimidating boss to fight!

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
The Madman said:
Firkraag. I imagine most if not all players encounter him fairly early in Baldur's Gate 2 considering he's part of one of the easiest to find quests near the start of the game, and pretty much everyone who's encountered him will have thought 'Oh he can't be that tough' and tried to kill him... Ah, the glorious slaughter than ensues as players learn why Dragons are so feared in the DnD setting.

And then the satisfaction you get when you come back later and kick the smug assholes butt is all the better. Seriously, not only was he a powerful red Dragon but he was a jerk about it too, who doesn't want to wipe the floor with his stupid face? Helps that he also has the most powerful sword on the entire game in his possession, making it even more worthwhile and more rewarding when finally he dies.

Then you skin him and make armour out of his scales just as one final spit on his ugly corpse. Stupid Dragon!
That was sweet. I was going to mention Tymofarrar (Deekin's dragon) because, well, Deekin.

AWAR said:
Well he is not in any games that I know of, but the best dragon is definitely Smaug from The Hobbit. He's got both the strength and the smarts to be a successful dragon.

Honorable mention:

Now that is who was actually getting my vote. From The Hobbit, the text adventure on Commodore 64.

By the way you did that second picture wrong.

Tom Noonan is a far superior Dolarhyde.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
I can't remember the name of the dragon off the top of my head, but he was the very first Dracolich.

Gotta love a boss with over an A4 page worth of loot.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Kerafyrm From Everquest. The forbidden child of a Red and White dragon, when awakened he rampaged through every zone in velious tearing the player base a new asshole. A mob that crossed zone lines, we are all screwed now.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Not really the best or most powerful dragon in gaming, but old Quark from Lunar: Silver Star Story always had a spot in my heart for his great intro moment. And frankly he is different then most other dragons because of it. He isn't shown off with attitude and ego, hell its even easy to see he was made to seem like an old fart of a dragon. He has the grand intro without showing off power, and just feels wise in sound and presence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDAtwCCKRuE&feature=player_detailpage

opeth1989

Sep 23, 2011
80Maxwell08 said:
Well if I'm not mistaken that should be one of the elder dragons which are as powerful as any of the 6 gods in Guild Wars (I'm uncertain if each one is as powerful as one god or all of them). Each one of them causes some form of calamity just from awakening. One dragon seperates all access and communication from one of the 3 continents by creating an undead fleet so massive it blocades the entire continent from leaving. I'm definitely interested in how it's going to work out story wise.
From what I understand, the Shatterer (boss in the video) is just a minion of Kralkatorrik, a much larger and stronger dragon. Kralkatorrik would be the WOW equivalent of Deathwing I guess, being the end all boss (I might be wrong on this, its only what I have heard). but apparently there will be MUCH bigger dragon bosses in the game. I as well am looking foward to how the game will turn out story wise

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i would have to go with Nefarian from wow.
i know there are stronger and more awesome dragons out there(his dad, for example) but he guy gave me one of the most fun and challenging boss fights ever. And my T2.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
From an aesthetic/design perspective: Draconis from Legend of Mana

(It's rather pathetic that this is so obscure I don't have a proper picture for it, and I don't have my LoM disc on hand to generate my own)

From a personality/character perspective...Firkraag from Baldur's Gate 2.
That fucker has one mean grudge.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
Antharas from Lineage II. Seriously..
This boy can tank!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkbVahrWsk

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Palademon said:
Jerry Pendleton said:
Everyone knows the best Dragon is the OD of the OG
There, I got the video for you.

Not to make dragonite look bad, but while Dragonite is powerful, garchomp was so powerful that they had to ban it from the standard metagame.