Best expansion pack you've ever owned ?

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries and MechWarrior 3 Pirates Moon are tied for me. But I lean towards MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries, it's campaign was better than in any other MechWarrior game, and iirc it was the first to put the 100 ton Kodiak in the hands of the players.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Half-Life: Opposing Force.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is fairly good too. The zombie bullshit it pulled in the last part of the game, plus the cast and story being weaker than New Order kind of brings it down.

For straight-up DLCs, Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth. Added a really good handful of guns (even if the Deagle and Bulldog were powercreep), plus easily the best map in the game, Propaganda.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Hmmm

Gat Out of Hell - Just when you thought Saints Row jumped and then fucked the shark, they go and show you that they had a shark threeway in mind.

Um...does Far Cry Blood Dragon count?

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011

No, but seriously, Shivering Isles. Better than the base game by a long shot. Better enemies, better environments, better loot, and Sheogorath.

bigwon

Jan 29, 2011
I'd be tempted to say the dark souls prepare to die dlc....but i never bothered figuring out how to get to it and actually play it....the stuff i heard about it though..

otherwise i'm coming to realize that i've never really played any expansion packs to games apart from warcraft 3 and morrowind/oblivion. I think i'd lean more towards morrowind's blood moon expansion because i overall enjoyed it more (i didn't like oblivion that much as a game so that'd of course hamper my enjoyment of shivering isles...was an awesome add on though! actually trumped any of the base game in my opinion)