Best/Favourate Anti-Zombie weapon?

Sombra Negra

Nov 4, 2008
A high-calibre pistol, assuming these are the slow variety of zombies. Plenty of time to aim and the weakened, decomposing tissue will probably facilitate head/limb explosion goodness. Either that or a big hammer.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Greatest weapon? Hmmmm, It's the zombie fanboy surely.

Just the sight of you all should be enough to send them all back to the sea, or London, wherever zombies come from.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
The best anti-zombie weapons out there have to be a prosthetc chainsaw like the one in Evil Dead accompanied by a double-barrelled sawn-off shotgun.

If it was good enough for Ash then it'll work for me...

aztec345

Mar 2, 2009
Sword, M4 with Laser Sight Shotgun attachment + 50 round-clip, uh... hmmm... oh and an
M18A2 Abrams Tank

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Depends on the technology, out of currently avaliable technology, I'd prefer to be packing a shotgun with dual pistols as back up an assault rifle a sniper rifle and a sword and a knife.
That way you're always prepared. Oh and an axe.
If we are talking future technology: A Flak gun, shotgun, sniperrifle and a sword(flak gun having the advantages of a shotgun, while being heated so it does even more damage).
Oh, a tank would be nice, preferably with a non-zombie crew to help.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Shotgun.. Cause you need to remove their heads from their shoulders. Then you need massive stopping power..

Ryuzix

Jan 21, 2009
Shotgun, any other weapon can go fuck itself.
It should also have unlimited ammo.

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
Fondant said:
I can't beleive that anyone hasn't guessed this, but a flamethrower. Duh?
That'd depend on your distance, zombie's don't feel pain remember, and the last thing you want is to be close to a zombie on fire. The Flamethrower lacks stopping power, and takes a while to kill a zombie. Hence, unless you've got awesome range on it, or can get away easily, it's not an ideal weapon. It would however be the best weapon to take down a mob of zombies from afar. (After you know bomb's and shit). The zombie's would turn into BBQ! Although, one you quite probably would not want to eat.

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
090907 said:
a lawn mower
Why?
Kais86 said:
Street sweeper, AKA automatic shotgun.
That's a very good idea^^ Although the recoil'd be a *****.
tellmeimaninja said:
Ak-47 (world's best assault rifle, and of course, for close encounters, the crowbar.
Didn't the AK-74 replace the AK-47?
As for me, I'd rather have the Galil over the AK. But I've never used either, and am basing my prefrence solely on games(Galil appears to be more accurate over longer distances, but slow firing), I have no idea whether the games hold true to life or not. The XM8 looks to be the Assault rifle I'd pick if I had a choice though(and I'd much rather have a flak gun, it's my favourite gun out of all guns I've used in games).

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
Iron Mal said:
The best anti-zombie weapons out there have to be a prosthetc chainsaw like the one in Evil Dead accompanied by a double-barrelled sawn-off shotgun.

If it was good enough for Ash then it'll work for me...
The problem with the double-barerelled sawn-off is that you have to stop to relaod it every two shots. Autoshotgun means reloading more, but after long intervals. Failing that, an AK 47, Colt 45 or other high calibre pistol, and a Dragunov. Good, reliable Soviet technology for that time where you need to have a weapon that lasts.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
My two fists and my sandvich

or in the realm of reality, a shotgun...cant get much better(preferably of the auto variety)

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
scumofsociety said:
Dark Crusader said:
090907 said:
a lawn mower
Why?
Never seen 'Braindead' then?

My choice : Potato gun.
Nopes, I'm kinda behind with my movie catalogue, although the name does ring a bell as something I wanted to watch but wasn't in the rental shop.(If I recall correctly it has two names, one outside of the states and one in).
090907 said:
Dark Crusader said:
090907 said:
a lawn mower
Why?
too much dead rising. I so have to try it.
That'd be interesting experiment... however, I'll stay over here with my shotgun and let you get yourself mobbed and ripped to pieces, mkay? lol.