Best Fight Scene Move?

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
Given who I am, I would be remiss to not mention Godzilla 2014:

Oral decapitation by atomic fire

However my actual pick goes to Hardcore Henry: decapitation with eye stalk. I'll let that image stew in your head.

What is your favorite fight scene move?

Mar 29, 2016
I love my intense martial arts fights, so I can give some good shout-outs.

Most of The Raid could fit the description. That film is so unrelentingly tense, concise and brutal that it's hard to isolate particular fights, but I'd have to go with the ending fight of Mad Dog vs Rama and Andi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBNVvFBTYwM

The sequel had some incredible fights as well, like the beginning prison yard brawl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unjWjDYJZcQ

There's also some incredible fights in Killzone SPL. It may have a name a 10-year old may have come up with, but there's some incredible skill on display. It basically took two of the most skilled martial artists working in film and had them go at it with each other for several intense minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-gzXwigCC0

Can't finish this post without mentioning the comedic style of Jackie Chan. If you've only seen his western stuff, you haven't seen half of what he can do. I'll just post this clip from Legend of the Drunken Master.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEt4B1poOfM

I'll also mention Ip Man, Hero and Ong Bak and leave it at that.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
Jackie Chan's 11 minute fight scene on the roof in Who Am I.

But, the OP was asking about single moves.

Rambo shoots someone through the chest and he falls on a land mine in Rambo, killing a person twice in one move.

Beatrix Kiddo's Five Point Exploding Heart Technique.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Ip Man, the whole movie.

It's hard to pick a favourite, with the obvious candidate being Donnie Yen getting 1v10 mad about rice because he only loves potatoes.

But I love how the Japanese bad guy stands up from seiza, because if you ever tried that sitting position you'd know it's just how over the top it can't help ending up being hillarious.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Eraser had one fight move I liked. Pull the pins on the grenades attached to mook's vest, kick mook into elevator filled with other mooks. Fight ends.
And the Mother Russia arc of Punisher:Max had Frank/The Punisher kill a man by grabbing his leg mid-kick and smashing him into the floor and nearby desks almost Lonney Toons style.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I really enjoyed the first fight in Scott Pilgrim, because (to me) it came out of nowhere. I'd never read the comics, and given Cera, I sort of assumed the movie would be about hapless Scott being forced into confrontations and having to learn how to fight for his girl. You know, typical Michael Cera awkward gangly nonsense the pulling it together in the finale. Like Kickass, I guess. The first fight was pretty good, if somewhat basic, and completely blew away my expectations for the film, which....is a big deal, I guess?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
John Wick 2 has an amazing fight in some catacombs beneath Rome and he does this one move where he shoots a guy with his shotgun, runs out of shells, pins the guy to the wall with the shotgun, reloads, and then shoots him again. So bad ass. The entire movie is full of amazing moments.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
inu-kun said:
I fell in love with ORA ORA ORA. After so many anime with elaborate moves, you can't help but smile from a move that can be summarized as "punch a lot of times very fast".
At the same time though, JoJo really does love throwing in some elaborate moves. My money is on Josuke using his ability to return things to their original form on his own blood, turning a shard of glass into a homing missile. (Someone who's never seen JoJo, try to make sense of this.)

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
inu-kun said:
I fell in love with ORA ORA ORA. After so many anime with elaborate moves, you can't help but smile from a move that can be summarized as "punch a lot of times very fast".
Another vote for Jojo.
Different fight though, and just one ORA, technically two I guess.

While I didn't feel the wind up as much as I feel I should have, when that music kicks in, that quick draw and and victory scream feels good every time.

And as long as I'm here, my favorite ORAORAORA was the road roller.
No, wait, I meant the ROAD ROLLAH DAH!

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
A toss up between Aim Like A Drunkard, Jump Like An Idiot and Aim To The Side, Dodge Just In Case.

Jk, it's really a toss up between The Kamehameha and Legolas sliding down the stairs on the shield.

Jk, it's actually tough to pick out one move. No wait, Jean Claude Van Damme's Safety Split in Timecop. "Let off some steam, Bennett" is a good one too.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I will picked these three that haven't been mention so far (above posts are good too)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Elijin said:
I really enjoyed the first fight in Scott Pilgrim, because (to me) it came out of nowhere. I'd never read the comics, and given Cera, I sort of assumed the movie would be about hapless Scott being forced into confrontations and having to learn how to fight for his girl. You know, typical Michael Cera awkward gangly nonsense the pulling it together in the finale. Like Kickass, I guess. The first fight was pretty good, if somewhat basic, and completely blew away my expectations for the film, which....is a big deal, I guess?
Give it to director Edgar Wright, who knows how to stage action.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
The bit in Lost where ... Jack? (the main good guy, was a doctor I think) ... beats up Ethan (is that right?) is particularly brutal in that around-9pm way.

Hadn't thought about World's End, but have a soft spot as a lot of it is film in my old drinking places.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There's something that I just love about watching Donnie Yen punch people repeatedly really fast.

It's about as close to "Ora Ora Ora" as you can get in real life.