Best game of the decade. (NOMINATIONS)

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I'm aware of the likelihood that one such thread has been probably made already, I actually searched for it on the forum, to make a poll out of the games everyone named, but since the search system is kinda bad (not anything in the escapist's direction, I've literally never seen a good forum search engine)I'm making my own.

Basically the idea is, name your favorite game of this decade, if the thread gets any popular, I'll be going over every single post to pick out the 8 most nominated games and make a poll on the 31st.

Series will be dealt with a special rule, you can nominate multiple games as long as they're in the same series (you may chose not to), if multiple games of the same series get into the top 8 they are merged together to avoid the already limited 8 spots being eaten up rapidly by certain series.

PS: If there has been such a thing already and I'm just going on your nerves by making another one, my apologies, if not, let the fun begin.

EDIT: Games with multiple expansions are all accumulated on one name, this is mostly needed for World of Warcraft.

EDIT 2: The thread uses a 1-10 system, so 2001-2010, some countries use 0-9, others use 1-10, this thread uses 1-10, just to clarify.

EDIT 3: You have one nomination and one nomination only (with the exceptions of series, which you can read up above), if you wish to nominate multiple games, you can do that too, but your vote will be split up into fractions, for example, nominating three games will give a third of a nomination to each one, over 5 nominations will not be considered.
example: "Poster #? has nominated Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4 and Series 1, each game get's 1/5 of a nomination and the games in the series get 1/5 each too.

EDIT 4:The results are here:
1.Mass Effect 2 (25,86)
2.Mass Effect (14,6)
3.Star Wars: Knights of the old republic (13,83)
4.Half Life 2 (13,61)
5.Shadow of the Colossus (10,88)
6.Portal (8,4)
7.World of Warcraft (8,15)
8.Halo:Combat Evolved (7,66)

9.Oblivion (7,5)
10.Red dead redemption (6,36)
11.Starcraft 2 (6,2)

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm gonna throw out Assassin's Creed 2.
Improved in nearly every way from the first, it had a good, interesting story, characters to match along with even better gameplay. You could argue it was too easy, but as much as being stuck on one point for 5 hours, I enjoy easier games.
I'd nominate Brotherhood, but it took too long to get going and just wasn't as fun as the second.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oblivion, if we're going for "the decade".
If you mean without any mods whatsoever... I'm sorry, but no.
My vote. Arkham asylum. Can't wait for the sequel.
-Tabs<3-

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
The original Prince of Persia trilogy :)

The reboot was disgusting (the new one isn't that bad though)

But if it was just one game, then Sands of time :D

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
slipknot4 said:
FPS: Half Life 2

MMO: World of warcraft

RPG: Fallout 3
Bleh, is it too much to hope people could just nominate one game (series)?
Well, to make things even more difficulty for myself, I'll just split up the votes, so you just gave a third of a vote to each of those three games.

Posts with over 5 nominations will however be ignored until somebody invents a way to punch people over the internet, until then, they'll be in my bookmarks, you've been warned.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oblivion, if we're going for "the decade".
If you mean without any mods whatsoever... I'm sorry, but no.
Worse...I'm basing my opinion off of the CONSOLE versions.

And I have the PC version, but haven't bothered with any mods outside of a Shivering Isles house and Deadly Reflexes.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mass Effect 2. If we're counting 2000-2010. If 2000-2009, I dunno. Prolly Timesplitters or something.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Mass Effect 2. If we're counting 2000-2010. If 2000-2009, I dunno. Prolly Timesplitters or something.
It's 1-10 so your vote just went to ME2.

AmrasCalmacil said:
Go go, Deus Ex!

EDIT: Scratch that. Baldur's Gate II was released in 2000.
Best game. Period.
It's 2001-2010, vote went to Deus Ex.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, no question for me, I loved every minute.