Best game you've played lately?

ItchyxBritches

Jan 28, 2010
I've been growing kinda tired of all the games I have and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some great titles that I may have missed.

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
Erm... what do you play? Like, console, PC, preferred genres... Otherwise, I'm just going to start rattling off all the games that I like, dating back to the Gamecube/PS2.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a big pile of macho silliness with some great shooter gameplay. Its an open world shooter play ground basically, you can stealth around or go in guns blazing or be creative with how you approach things.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
OK there are tons of great games. It depends on what you're into.

Just Cause2, any Ratchet and Clank Future game, The Batman Arkham games, but especially Arkham City.
Tomb Raider: Gaurdian of Light, Dragon's Dogma, Kingdoms of Amalur, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4 and the latest DMC.
Shadow Complex, The Maw. Zeno Clash Ultimate.

This is a super open ended question...

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Currently playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon,and it is really, really good, probably even great. Really reminds me of back in the 80s when my parents would rent cheesy action or sci-fi movies and we would watch them on Friday night. The game is to me like what if Predator, Robocop, Tron, The Terminator and Contra all had a baby. I have been playing the soundtrack non stop since I downloaded it on release day as well.

Also started Zeno Clash 2, big fan of the first one, so I am looking forward to it, but Blood Dragon may over shadow it a bit.

BioShock: Infinite was amazing, started over 1999 mode, but it is kicking my ass something awful. Still love it though, probably my game of the year, though Blood Dragon is trying for top spot, we will see how it goes in the end.

Guess that is it, started playing more Minecraft again as well.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Downloaded Planetside 2 a few days ago and I'm having a blast. Those huge large scale battles get so intense and epic, love it!

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
The games i loved the most recently are Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider. Both are awesome games and i strongly urge you to play both of these as soon as you can. Also dont forget The Walking Dead.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well the latest one I got is Zack Zero, sort of a Ratchet & Clank plus Metroid mix in a combat puzzle platformer very cartoon like way. Super charming, beautiful and solid to play, and on more then one platform for once.
Just wish it wouldn't constantly crash.

And ya there is Blood Dragon if you want an 80s parody game, mostly reminds me of DNF, but this one is intentionally bad where as Duke just failed in that way.

Also for anyone that enjoys some slow boat action

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
For me it would be Persona 3 FES, as I was really late to that party and just started playing it (Ok, I'm about 45 hours in, but still)

If you're only talking current gen games, then I actually had a surprising amount of fun with the latest Army of Two. It's a bit sad that they dialed back the OTT Bromance, but you can kinda tell that the new main characters are bonding more and more throughout the game, so hopefully that'll come back if they make a sequel.

Dishonored and the DLC Knife of Dunwall are also really good, though the butchers in the first mission really ruined my day when I was discovered...

Other than that I haven't been playing many games recently, Persona kinda sucks up a lot of time, it's a long ass game.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Dark Souls
Cry of Fear
Hotline Miami
Sleeping Dogs
Warframe
League of Legends
Company of Heroes 2 Beta
DOTA 2
Dragon's Dogma
Team Fortress 2

That could get you started.
In fact, five of those are completely free.
I tried to include only mostly newish/constantly updated titles.
Because I could fill a small little book with good games from the past.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
Best new game: Xcom Enemy Unknown followed by Spec Ops the Line
Both are great,the turn based shooter combat in XCom felt completely new to me, which went well with the Peace Walker style build an army concept, it felt fresh and like nothing I've ever played before.

Spec Ops:The Line...boy,what can I say? starts of slow and takes its time to get going, but when it does... it gets good! Battlefield and Call Of Duty got a lot to learn from this baby!

Old Game I keep playing: Persona 4 and Dark Souls

Persona 4.
What can I say, the greatest game ever, a JRPG Pokemonish high school dating sim with a story that resembles Scooby Doo? a few years back I would have punched you for simply recommending this to me but now... saying I'm obsessed would be an understatement.

Dark Souls:The perfect game as a game,as mentioned, all this game wants to be is a game, it has a story but it takes the backseat in the form of lore, giving the gameplay to take the spotlight, no hand holding, it allows the payer to learn the ropes through his own experience, and that's what makes it so special, and why it is supposed to be so hardcore... its one big learning experience, the challenge isn't to frustrate you, its to force you to think and be careful and most of all learn, its a learning experience!
I had to think more in this game more than most puzzle games.

nexus

May 30, 2012
Don't Starve!

Really addicting. Brutal survival game, best played without Google or wiki.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Super Hexagon. Boy does Terry Cavanagh knows how to design simple, brutal games. You can't really play it for more than 10-20 minutes at a time before all your skills disappear though.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
I, uhh... I recently replayed through Final Fantasy VII, but judging by your avatar that doesn't help you any.

Challenges are fun though. Try playing through the game without saving more than once. And by this I mean you're only allowed a single break over the whole game. You can't pause or leave the game running overnight. Run from every non-forced fight to keep your levels low. If you're really hardcore, plan your routes beforehand and try to finish the game in under 10 hours. And if you're really hardcore, do it in under 10 hours, realtime.

Captcha: too salty!

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor is one of the best games of this generation. The combat system is fantastic and your choices actually matter. That was a refreshing change from the illusion of choice that I'm used to.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
Kerbal Space program. https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Build rockets blow them up trying to get to space and land on moons and other planets.

WAr thunder http://warthunder.com/ is good to ww2 plane dogfight games FTP too