Best Gaming Deal Ever.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
The first ridiculously good deal I got back years ago was on the "Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare" bundle which came with...

C&C: Tiberian Dawn
C&C: Tiberian Dawn: Covert Ops
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Red Alert: Aftermath
C&C: Red Alert: Counterstrike

I paid $5 for it.

Since then I've gotten a whole bunch of amazing deals, mostly thanks to Steam. Lots of amazing games for $5 or less.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I got might and magic 7 for 50p, that was pretty decent. Especially considering the number of times I've played it.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
Fallout 3: GotY edition and Dead Space (I think it was Dead Space) - 2 for £20 That was a pretty good shopping trip.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
My best luck ever was finding a slightly-used copy of the original Valkyrie Profile for $20. These days, you can't find Valkyrie Profile for less than $70 if you can find it at all.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Star Trek Online. Paid $0, have clocked 94 hours so far and am only about halfway through Romulan Space. Still have Cardassians, Breen, Borg, and Undine to fight.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for $1 at Gamestop

This included:

- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda (original)
-Adventure of Link
and a demo for Windwaker.

do I win?

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Bought a copy of borderlands for 16 bucks, brutal legend for 9. Some good deals to be had out there.

wtf captcha is the taco bell slogan asking me to describe it: Horrible

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
For $75 I got a used virtual boy with the stand, controller, eye-shade thing etc and, Mario's Tennis.

Also, found Super Mario Sunshine used for $20 with the box, manual and inserts. It wasn't even a players choice!

lotr rocks 0 said:
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for $1 at Gamestop

This included:

- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda (original)
-Adventure of Link
and a demo for Windwaker.

do I win?
That sounds like a pretty epic win right there!

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
At least for me. This might even top The Orange Box. I found the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology pack for $20. For that I get Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 + Expansions, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Planescape Torment.

I am a very happy shopper right now. What was the best gaming deals you've ever made?
WHAT!!! YOU COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS LAST NIGHT?! Sorry I had just bought bg last night and i was planing on buying bg, bg2, and ps:t so you can understand why I am upset. I am also upset because bg is VERY laggy so I can't even play it without wanting to tear out my hair.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
A couple of years ago I was gifted an Amiga 500+, A1200 and two massive boxes full of disks and the like.

Cue me acting like a hyperactive child who's just found out Christmas is coming early.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Portal for free from Steam. Also Skyrim was $10 cheaper than retail when I went to buy it a week after release. My friend also gave me Dragon Age: Origins for free because he thought it was shit.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
The best deal I've ever gotten was the Valve complete pack I bought for a friend.

With the addition of a coupon (gifted to me by Valve during the Christmas coal event), I paid about twenty bucks to get my friend the following:

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Delete Scenes
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Portal 2
Ricochet
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic

All in all...not a bad deal.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
It has to be Team Fortress 2 becoming free. 331 hours in that game, no sign of it being boring yet. Well, that was until the game decided to trip over a rock and then smash its face on the sidewalk in terms of performance.

Terraria gets mention, at least. I've wasted plenty of time on that game.

Then, we have World of Tanks. (Also free) Which is host to its own slew of festering, maggot ridden problems, but has managed to just swing past the lowest two notches that define enjoyment on my 'fun' bar.

Lastly, I can sort of say Star Trek Online, like the fellow a page before me. Except, I played that game when it was subscription based only. It felt like there wasn't enough content then, and it feels that way now.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I got Sniper Elite on Steam for 7 NOK. That's about 1,2 USD.
A cheeseburger at McDonalds is 10 NOK, If you don't eat it in the restaurant.
I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
I got Rome Total War for £1.

Not my favourite game of all time but I only ended up paying like 0.05p for each hour of game time. Best value for money of any game ever.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Getting a used copy of HL1 complete with box and everything for 12 or 16 bucks. Considering I played through the game itself at least 3 times and spent a ton of time with various mods it was well worth it. Time wise it takes second place to Mount and Blade. I paid $12 for an alpha build and through many upgrades and community mods spent hundreds of hours with that game, magnificent!