Best gaming one-shot moment

TheDudeEM

Mar 1, 2011
Basically what is your best moment in a game where you killed or KO'd or whatever an enemy in one shot?

I have two right now. Need for Speed Most Wanted: Just cruising around going 105 when a cop suddenly spots me as he's entering the freeway. Just as he hits the lights I ram into him and I watch him flip end over end as his car flies apart. Once he came to a stop his car was disabled and I got away scott free.

The second was Final Fantasy X. I forget the particulars but I remember when Ronso was holding off enemies for your characters to escape and then later the game makes you turn around to save him. I spent that time running back and forth in the level, triggering enemy encounters to upgrade my characters. I spent almost two days doing this until my characters had double their original levels. When I came back to get Ronso, I one-shotted all of Ronso's attackers, except the semi-boss character I think. Anyway, I felt like a badass for breezing through the guys.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Total War: Medieval 2. My enormous army vs his enormous army. He had the high ground, I had two catapults. First catapult shot, aimed at the thick of his infantry, overshot by an enormous margin, arcing way to the back of his ranks and way past what should have been its effective range, and hit his general, immolating him instantly.

His army immediately broke ranks, and I ran around mopping up the routers for 5 minutes.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
The last one I remember was in Space Marine's multiplayer.

Turning a corner in the ruins as a Tactical Marine, and spotting three Chaos Havocs shooting out into the open. Dropped a grenade in, hosed the place with the Bolter, jumped in... and everyone's dead. I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Edit: Oh blast, one shot... missed that. Well, same thing, except pulling a panic-driven, blind fired Bolt Pistol headshot into an Assault Marine bearing down on you.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Left 4 Dead 2, Swamp Fever Finale. We were holed up by the 2nd floor machine gun. A hunter jumps from the side, I headshot it while it is jumping, and it flew over us in a graceful arc. Much laughter ensued. It was like zombie Free Willy.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Had 2 interesting ones yesterday. Never before has this happened in BF3, and suddenly it happens twice in one map against the same opponent:

I'm recon (sniper), he's something with an assault rifle. Both times we pretty much saw each other at the same time and managed to kill each other. Either we both head-shot each other, or he shot me 2-3 times in the time I aimed and head shot him. Regardless it was very weird.

And not that long ago I was again playing BF3. I was driving a tank around in Caspian, and I was at the Gas Station flag (as RU). Suddenly I was under fire from a chopper, so I drove straight at it to get under it (out of the line of fire). The plan worked and the chopper flow over me, very low. I swung the barrel around and fired through a bunch of smoke only to 1 shot the chopper out of the air, pretty much blind. I heard the explosion and got the points, but didn't see the shell hit. After I repaired I looked at the wreckage in triumph lol.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Shooting an enemy Hind down with a grenade launcher in ArmA II.

Well, that only destroyed the engine, the pilot managed to land it, but one of our tank drivers picked him off quite easily after he landed

Also, the one time when our medic shot a driver of a transport truck with a pistol, thus causing the truck falling down a cliff. He killed about 4-6 guys with that one bullet. Many lulz followed.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Total War: Medieval 2. My enormous army vs his enormous army. He had the high ground, I had two catapults. First catapult shot, aimed at the thick of his infantry, overshot by an enormous margin, arcing way to the back of his ranks and way past what should have been its effective range, and hit his general, immolating him instantly.

His army immediately broke ranks, and I ran around mopping up the routers for 5 minutes.
You, sir, have a lol-worthy story.

OT:

Halo 1 PC Demo LAN in high school. We were playing some team gametype on blood gulch. I was sniping on the roof of one of the bases, just shooting at guys that came near. I aim at an opponent about halfway to the other base, line up the shot, pull the trigger...... and god dammit if a warthog full of my teammates didn't drive right in front of the shot. I headshot the driver of my own teams warthog from halfway across the map because he drove in front of my shot.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Company of Heroes. The King Tiger has no real weaknesses other than it's slow speed. Oh, and having a bridge collapse under it. Which I did (for a OHKO).

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
My last ever online battle on SOCOM. Just me and one guy from the other team, less than a minute to go. I spot the guy running along a bridge from my vantage point on a hill. I line up my shot juuuust right and pull the trigger, perfectly timed so that he'd come into target at that time. I wasn't using a sniper rifle either, just a normal AK, didn't spray bullets, just one shot.

Dude drops like a stone, the match is over. I win. Was a nice feeling but I was already kinda bored with the game so I put it down and didn't play again.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
If a back-stab in TF2 counts as a one-shot, than boy, do I have a story for you guys.

I was a Spy in the BLU team spawn of Mann Manor, pre-game. I was facing one of the doors on the side of the spawn, with a RED Scout on the other side, engaging me in a taunt-off. Seconds before the match starts, I activate my Dead Ringer. Surprising absolutely nobody, the Scout shoots me the second the gate opens, activating my DR. I go out the front entrance, invisible, and notice that the same damn scout has his nose glued to the entrance, firing his Scattergun into the spawn. I uncloak and backstab him. Cue Schaudenfreude from both me AND my Spy.

Best part? Got the Sleeper Agent achievement for it!

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
look no further...
Yes, I've pulled this off.
Yes, it took MANY tries.
Yes, it is cheap to do that and skip out on one of the greatest boss fights of all time.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Gmans uncle said:
look no further...
Yes, I've pulled this off.
Yes, it took MANY tries.
Yes, it is cheap to do that and skip out on one of the greatest boss fights of all time.
I found it funnier to just get to the fight, turn off the PS2, set the console calendar to two weeks later, and then go back into the game. The End dies of old age and you get to skip the fight entirely. I felt kinda bad that I didn't give him the final battle he'd wanted though so I reloaded.

Anyway, let's see...

Playing F:NV, going up a mountain, see a large gap through the middle, exact words, "Now watch, there's like a Deathclaw or something up here."
DEATHCLAW.
"I Was Joking!" Whipped out AMRifle, Deathcklaw leaps at me, panicked, shot a point-blank round without the scope up.
Deatchlaw's head explodes and his body does a perfect backflip.
"Yeah, *****, don't mess with Jeremiah the courier."

Also, OHKO Lance's strongest Dragonite with a critical hit Explosion. Hell yes.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I was sneaking around looking for...Miridia's Orb I believe. It was in a chest within a Giant's camp. Anyway, it was dark so I decided to use some of my super-sneaky, sneak skill to raid the chest but then I noticed the giant standing around, picking his nose, about 10 or 15 feet below the rock I was perched upon. So, I slunk down from my perch, Mehrune's Dagger readied and, one strike later, one dead troll lay at my feet. It wasn't the first time I one-hit killed a troll but it's always a ton of fun to do so!

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
TheDudeEM said:
The second was Final Fantasy X. I forget the particulars but I remember when Ronso was holding off enemies for your characters to escape and then later the game makes you turn around to save him. I spent that time running back and forth in the level, triggering enemy encounters to upgrade my characters. I spent almost two days doing this until my characters had double their original levels. When I came back to get Ronso, I one-shotted all of Ronso's attackers, except the semi-boss character I think. Anyway, I felt like a badass for breezing through the guys.
I sort of had the same happen with me except later on basically I couldnt fight Sin without the game crashing so I did all the optional extras i.e maxing out the sphere grid defeat all the dark aeons and penance then went round to a friends house to use his copy of FFX uploaded my save and defeated Sin in 3 hits one for each arm and one for his head doing 99999 damage with each hit needless to say I breezed through inside him as well.

Another time I remember was on a friends DBZ game (dont know what one) he was just about to give up for the day when fighting cell due to a string of losses and asked me if I wanted to try not having a clue what I was doing I just mashed the buttons and absolutely slaughtered him in a flurry of attacks not even taking a hit in response. Yeah it may have been a complete fluke but it made me feel pretty badass until the next fight anyway ,when I lost.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Well, it wasn't really one-shot. But it was a rare situation which I excelled in.

Battlefield 3, Conquest, 24 -man Damavand Peak (quarry). Early game and our helicopter got wasted, about a minute later the opposing teams heli flew over the mountain, into our base and started whoring our spawn whilst waiting for our unoccupied helicopter to re-appear.

It's done so a passenger can jump out, free-fall then parachute through the 10 second killzone over the opposing base and hop into their helicopter to steal it. Since the helicopter then becomes air-space the killzone evaporates and one team is now two helicopters up whilst the other team has none. thus leading to easier objective assaulting/defending over the mountain and many, many kills/repair points (if done properly, which isn't hard to do at all).

Now, this tactic is dirty but works very well, which is why it is common to see on the console version of Damavand Peak. All the pilot has to do is dodge regular rockets by flying evasively and flaring, whilst a repair guy maintains heat-seeker damage control and excess passengers watch for a heli-respawn below for a LALO (Low altitude, Low Opening) helicopter theft. Worst-case scenario is the griefed team gets the heli first, and are subsequently blown up before take-off; where the cycle repeats again.

Getting laced by a mere support infantry who's wielding nothing more than your average SMG, however, is bad news for the pilot. The helicopter crash lands and undamaged, a passenger switches seats to resume flying. This is not possible, however, if the support guy on the ground has a clear line of sight, aiming directly at the pilot seat as the helicopter has landed not 15 ft away, to slaughter anyone attempting to take off.

This is how, with a simple SMG, I managed to shoot down a helicopter without harming it, rack up several kills and then resume the remainder of the game whoring their spawn with their own helicopter as they had intended to do to us. The end-game scoreboard was a gruelling sight for them and they deserved it.

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
Well since i most of the time play as sniper there more moment then i care to remember, BUT... i did a nice one recently on BF3.

My longest headshot was 474m(wich is pretty far away on BF3) according to Battlelog but i did a even longer one on Operation Firestorm this past weekend.
I was laying on the highest hill near the Attacker Deployment on Rush mode without the bipod (the bipod is a HUGE help at long distance shooting) i aimed at a some guys near the second set of M-Com stations(the warehouses) and i shot 2 rounds and got 2 headshots!
One at 504m wich became my new record and the second at 502m. I just want to point out that on the Xbox version at that distance its very hard to see cleary and lag free whats happening even with the x12 scope.

Then there is the classic i use to do in BF2! When your at street level and standing near a corner of a building or something, ads over the ground ahead searching for enemies and then all of a sudden someone runs around that very corner either to shoot you or simply just passing by and you just fire instinctively and the guy goes down!
At first these moments were when panic would get to you and you try to take them out with pistol or with the knife(my favorite) but as time went by i somehow trained(or played) it away.

Its like they say right... Experience is the best of knowledge