best in-game item EVER.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
The Chicken Drumstick from both MediEvil I & II. The enemies gets turned into roasted chickens in a blue flash! Epic fun.

Ghost Wolf

Sep 3, 2008
The Redeemer from Unreal Tournament.

The Speargun from the AvP series (probably the source of inspiration for the HL2 crossbow).

The Moonraker Laser from Goldeneye.

Any of the big guns from Rise of the Triad.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
There's a few things from Castle Crashers that are just too awesome to describe with words: The ham, the lobster, the lightsaber, and the bipolar polar bear.

videot76

Aug 20, 2008
The Ring of Gaxx from Baldurs Gate 2. ESPECIALLY when you managed to pickpocket it from Kangaxx, and then looted another one from his corpse afterwards...

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
The Mag-Charger, in Multiplayer of Timesplitters 3.
Sniper Rifle, Thermal Scope and Railgun in one. It's actually possible to spawn camp people in Capture the Bag while standing in your own base with it.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
The Log-Launcher from Painkiller.

Oh, and that gun which fires Shurikens and Lightning.

Actually, just Painkiller in general - that was truly awesome.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
The bottle, from the Legend of Zelda. So simple, yet it's probably one of the most useful items in the game.

The airship, from a lot of Final Fantasy games. Not sure if it counts as an item, but it's still really sweet when you finally get it. You feel like the world is your oyster, ya know?

The arm cannon upgrade, from any entry in the Mega Man X series. There are generally four capsules to find in each game; an armor upgrade, a helmet upgrade, a speed upgrade, and a firepower upgrade... But we all know that the most sought after is that last one. Aside from giving you the power to charge your enemy's stolen weapons, it lets you plow through smaller enemies that might have otherwise taken a while.

Captain Wes

Sep 10, 2008
the_tramp post=9.70933.708291 said:
Another day, another best item ever thread.

I predict 5 minutes before the chicken and the pulley from Monkey Island comes up.
Shit. ok, the abomination of nature for escape from monkey island

onethought99

Sep 4, 2008
Keening and Sunder from Morrowind were priceless, I had no idea how I died the first time I found them and then found out later that they kill you if you dont equip the wraithguard first. Looking back on it now it was the funniest thing thats happened to me in gaming.

Serious_Stalin

Aug 11, 2008
Piccollo of the Flaming Fire, making people dance against their own will is amusing.
Maybe the Proxy gun from UT GOTY edition, or the Super Sheep from Worms.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
malestrithe post=9.70933.708406 said:
Phoenix Down. Capable of bringing back to life anyone.
But only if the plot allows it. :D

I remember fondly Twisted Metal 2, the British Character's special. It created a vortex that sucked all the other cars in, and then EXPLODES. On levels with 2 floors, it wasn't uncommon to get randomly sucked to the roof on occasion.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
hmmmmm........

[The Stoppable Force] i laughed when it dropped....and someone beat me to it :p

[A Steamy Romance Novel] another rediculous grey drop....you could read the first few pages, too.