Best legendary Pokemon theme?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
For me it has to be Deoxys. It has some awesome sci-fi techno vibe to it. Really makes you think of fighting a mutated space virus and stuff!

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
I personally loved the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza theme. When you hear the bells striking at the start, you know this is serious business, and the drumbeat gives a real primal urgency to the whole affair.

I think this makes an interesting contrast to most other legendary battle themes, which generally try to incorporate a feeling of wonder into the tune. In Hoenn, there's no such frivolity; it's a do or die, fate-of-the-world battle.

It also has the Hoenn trumpets, so that always helps.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I really like the new legendary themes in Gen 6, especially the main trio's theme.
It's a battle theme that I feel I can actually battle to. I've always preferred the faster paced boss themes to the slower, orchestral ones. It's why I also love the Deoxys theme.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
sextus the crazy said:
I love pretty much all pokemon music, but the DPPt legendary themes are best.

Loved the Dialga Palkia theme. Giratina wasn't as good for me, but Dilaga and Palkia's theme really did sound grand and made you feel like you were fighting against gods.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
sextus the crazy said:
I love pretty much all pokemon music, but the DPPt legendary themes are best.

I'm gonna have to go with this user on at least Giratina's theme.
The theme, unlike pretty much every other pokemon theme out there, just gave me the feeling of "You're fucked, you shouldn't have come here, and you're going to have to scramble like mad to even get away, let alone win".

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Fractral said:
I really like the new legendary themes in Gen 6, especially the main trio's theme.
It's a battle theme that I feel I can actually battle to. I've always preferred the faster paced boss themes to the slower, orchestral ones. It's why I also love the Deoxys theme.
This is my favorite one now too. Before the gen 6 theme, mine were Giratina's which was already shared, and Reshiram and Zekrom's battle theme.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
This theme is where you most feel like you are actually fighting a pokemon which is truly "legendary". (Hell, even godly.)