Best Legitimately Funny Video Games

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Glad Saint's Row made it, though Conker's Bad Fur Day and Stick of Truth would be on mine. I'd lump most of the early Lucas Arts adventure games into one category, because you can't mention one with really mentioning all of them. And I'd include something like the Mother series over three hour affairs like Goat Simulator. Intentional janky physics are funny and all, but that just feels like we should include things like Just Cause 2 for how hilariously terrible the voice acting is.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Some very intelligent and wise people already mentioned Psychonauts, Earthworm Jim, anything from Douglas Adams, King's Quest, and Conker. Also some parts of MDK, Destroy All Humans, Tass Times In Tone Town (from before you were born, kids,) Jazz Jackrabbit (even more before you were born,) and Commander Keen (even more...) Did anyone mention Zork? I think someone mentioned one of the Zork games.
Even the guys who made Goat Simulator expect people to get bored with it after a couple of hours. How does that compare with Psychonauts which is still better than 95% of the games currently available and at least equal to the rest.
As for the South Park game, that is definitely an acquired taste, like scatophilia.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Barda236 said:
What? No, The Bards Tale???? I mean, how can you have a list like this without it?!
glad someone on the first page mentioned it, that gave is probably the most epic Legitimately Funny Video Game of all time and if a list was made would be number one or the list was wrong

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
AkaDad said:
I'll add No One Lives Forever to the list. Great game and it's hilarious as well.
That's a personal fave of mine. Would be nice to get some shooters like that again. With colour and humour.

I would say Giants: Citizen Kabuto was very funny too.

Bagh! Sniped! Giants was hilarious. In hindsight it had a pretty bizarre play style. If I recall it was part FPS and part RTS but still played out really well.

Also...the first time I saw the "HELLO GRANDFATHER" scene........my sides!

Apr 24, 2008
FrozenCones said:
AkaDad said:
I'll add No One Lives Forever to the list. Great game and it's hilarious as well.
That's a personal fave of mine. Would be nice to get some shooters like that again. With colour and humour.

Bagh! Sniped! Giants was hilarious. In hindsight it had a pretty bizarre play style. If I recall it was part FPS and part RTS but still played out really well.

Just for you, mate.

"Oh... Hello, Grandfather!". Fantastic stuff.

I might have to dig Citizen Kabuto out. I was planning a return to some of the games I played around that time, with NOLF 1 and 2 lined up, as well as Max Payne and FEAR, and first Far Cry with others. For some reason I just enjoyed games a lot more at the time. I don't know if it's the content of the games or my mind-set (likely a combination of the two) but I am just not terribly enthused by new releases lately.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
FrozenCones said:
AkaDad said:

Just for you, mate.

"Oh... Hello, Grandfather!". Fantastic stuff.

I might have to dig Citizen Kabuto out. I was planning a return to some of the games I played around that time, with NOLF 1 and 2 lined up, as well as Max Payne and FEAR, and first Far Cry with others. For some reason I just enjoyed games a lot more at the time. I don't know if it's the content of the games or my mind-set (likely a combination of the two) but I am just not terribly enthused by new releases lately.
HAHAHAHA Love it!
I'll have to check if I still have it. Hope it will run on a modern system.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
This feels like a reaaaaally mainstream list to me. Lots of people have already stated way more funnier games in these posts than in the article. (Giants CK all the way!)

Also, I don't know why, but seeing Fallout on the same page with Goat Simulator kind of makes me cringe.

elvis-66

Apr 2, 2010
Do you guys even play games or just make a list based on what marketeers tell you "should be on the list"?

So far it seems the people who DO play games (commenters) have made a list in agreement of everything that should be on the list.