Best moment at school in regards to teachers/faculty

ResoluteR

Dec 17, 2010
Having read with considerable disgust the nastiness of teachers in the stupidest reason you ever got in trouble at school thread; I was curious what your best moments with schools have been. Personally I self-educated (declared homeschooled) except for a few dual credit classes at a local college. There was this great old poli sci guy there that dressed like Indiana Jones down to the hat, and he brought us some hookah once, so that was mine.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
My grade 9 biology teacher told us that once he got super drunk, went to take a piss and saw it looked exactly like what he drank, so he put it in a cup, drank it and could still taste the alcohol.

This was also the guy that showed up every day from spring to fall in the schools summer uniform (private school, uniforms, it was bad), with shorts that go halfway up his thighs.
Even the other profs made fun of him. It was awesome in a really awkward way.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I remember a foreign language teacher telling us of his touring of Europe. He was slowly robbed of everything but a toothbrush, lunchbox, and the clothes on his back; as well as breaking both arms and his nose.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Christmas piss up (disguised as a meal) when I was in Yr 11... or Upper Fifth as my school put it (yeah, snob-central).

Three students and two of the teachers got completely hammered, started having a cussing/piss take contest. Everyone was thoroughly amused... except the Headmaster, but there was fuck all he could do about it because most of the remainder of the staff (especially the Deputy Head and Faculty Heads) hated his guts.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
My professors in college regularly threw parties for and drank with the students in my major. I took shots with them at bars and they were just like part of my friends group. Nerdy professors and students getting drunk regularly together and talking about games and graphics=great college experience.

No I wont give any names of anything or anyone involved XD

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
My English sub once told our entire class, animatedly, about this time she "played a joke" on her "friend" by basically vandalizing his house and stealing his house keys.

Actually, the day she told us was the last day I ever saw her sub. I wonder why....

-

Oh, and when in 5th grade, a generally unruly kid walked out into the hall ten minutes before class ended, and my little, complacent teacher, who had been lecturing to us calmly, slowly walked to the door and bellowed at the top of her lungs, "MATT! YOU GET YOUR ASS--SELF IN HERE!"

She tried to compensate, but it had already slipped out, and the class was collectively doing that under-the-breath snickering that's so common in schools.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I have many
my grade nine science teacher took crazy cat lady to a new level. she has a lot of male cats. so when they died, she would keep the balls of her old cats. All I know is that I don't really like the term timbits any more (she called them Tim's Bits)
My grade eleven media arts teacher seriously did not give a shit what we did in his class as long as we did the assignments he gave us. some students turned our darkroom into a hot box. It did not last long it it was still awesome.
I have ooldes of teachers calling out students on plagiarism that went hilarious and others but theses are all during secondary school. my teachers in college are not as relaxed.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
the physics teachers in my school are the most hilarious.
theres one who keeps having discussions about shitty scifi movies and the shitty science in them (see: The Core (actually dont see it, its utter balls)).
then theres the other one who has conversations with my study skills class about him smoking weed.
and i have an english teacher who doesnt like to swear out loud, and we were reading some novel with swearing in it, so she kept whispering 'fuck' every few pages. she talks quite loud normally though. it was mean but hilarious.
and at christmas, the maths department steals the physics teacher's (the one who used to smoke pot) christmas tree and taunts him from across the quad with it.
and most of the teachers like to insult the senior management team if you can convince them to.

AlwaystheUnlucky

Oct 5, 2010
Wow, you guys have got some teachers. All my teachers would do was let us play super smash bros melee every lunch, and watching the good episodes of Coupling when we were done working.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I've always been treated nicely by teachers and faculty.
One teacher said he was looking forward to reading my novel when it comes out though. I liked that, although I probably am not going to write a novel.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Our old English teacher let us sit in groups under the condition that she assigned the original groups. It just so happened that me and a friend who had superb grammar (according to marks anyway) were in the same group. We created the "Communist group" of sharing our ideas, loudly, with the class, we got away with it because we did our work and got the most points :p

And everytime, when the winning group was announced, it was us, the Communists XD We ended up running the entire class and got literally all our good friends in the group, and no-one else. We always arranged to get our work done no matter what simply for the satisfaction of winning as the Commies everytime XD That teacher was awesome, but she is on maternity leave now :(

Simple Bluff

Dec 30, 2009
The Geography teacher in our secondary school (I didn't do Geography - he was subbing for a different class) told us a story about when he was in school. One day, he and his friends snuck into his chemistry lab and took a lump of potassium (a highly sensitive metal - it will combust if exposed to moisture (or even humid air) for too long). As a joke, the plundering posse poured slices of it down a drain (potassium is also quite soft - easy to cut up). When they were finished, my teacher-to-be stuffed what remained into his pocket.

The thing is, it was quite warm that day. Whilst inside his classroom, he bagan sweating. Moments later, he felt a - honestly, I don't know how to say this in a less... suggestivly ambiguous manner - "burning sensation in his pants". It was the potassium; he forgot to dispose of it and now it was reacting to his sweat. Calmly, he stood up and proceeded to walk out the classroom. Bewildered, his teacher told him to sit back down, but he just continued to the hallway. When he thought no one was around - he dug his hand into his pocket and frantically threw out all the potassium.

Unfortunatly, before all of it was removed... it ignited. In his pants. Needless to say he got quite the nasty burn along his left leg and arm, and tiny blobs of potassium were scatterd along his left side, also bringing tremendous pain. To add insult to injury, his pants caught fire and he had to remove them in front of the huge crowd that inevitably gathered. He was rushed to hospital. The inklings of potassium that stuck to him wouldn't be removed for a month, which he assures us, was pure agony. But he recovered, of course.

Surprisingly, the school didn't punish him, even though they knew of the drain incident. He reckons they were acting nice so that he wouldn't sue the school, which he wouldn't have done regardless. He was aware of his own recklessness (this is especially true considering he knew exactly about the risks of messing with potassium - he was an avid chemistry student).

What a great story to share, eh?