Best movie ever?

Backlashboy

Oct 13, 2012
It's that age old question everybody has asked you before but you could not answer for some reason
until now so in you're opinion what do you think is the best movie ever mine is the green mile if you have not watched it you need too it is fantastic

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Right now I'd have to go with "Hero", staring Jet Li. It's a bit long although I really enjoyed watching it. The film is based on an assassination attempt on the king of Qin by Jing Ke, during 227 BC (Wikipedia)

The artistic style of this movie is very beautiful, with each scene changing drastically in color and appearance. It also has a "Chinese mysticism" feel to it with warriors flying about gracefully, fighting in mid-air and deflecting arrows with meet swords (similar to crouching tiger, hidden dragon). If you can get past all that the story is pretty good, it revolves around "nameless", an unknown, insignificant prefect from a small land. He has spent years training to perfect a killing blow to strike down the king of the Qin region. The king is difficult to reach due to previous assassination attempts by broken sword, flying snow and long sky. Nameless colludes with them, collecting their broken weapons as proof of their removal in order to gain the kings trust. When he is within striking distance the king realizes his intent, a bit too late. However Nameless decides to spare him based on both broken swords request as well as the kings understanding of a picture drawn by broken sword. The picture displays the ideal warrior, one that desires peace. Nameless puts aside his desire for revenge in order to let the king unite the land in peace since only the Qin army is strong enough to pull it off. Flying snow felt betrayed, blinded by feelings of revenge, not fully understanding why her mate, broken sword convinced Nameless to abandon the attempt. She ends up striking sword down when he refuses to fight, only desiring peace.

Anyway this is just my opinion but i feel its a really great film. You should definately check it out.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Scott Pilgrim vs The World

I shouldn't have to explain why to anyone on this website. It is fucking awesome.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
As much as I adore Scott Pilgrim vs The World, the winner has to be Vampire's Kiss.

<youtube=01vfavRV_aE>

All argument is invalid.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Footrot Flats: The Dog's Tail Tale
Always loved Footrot Flats from back when my family still lived in New Zealand. Since back then, my favourite movie has always been the above, my favourite books have always been the Footrot Flats comics, and my favourite song has always been Slice of Heaven. Everything else has simply been fighting for second place throughout my life. :p

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I freaking adore Moon.
Sam Rockwell is a TREMENDOUS actor, Clint Mansell wrote a gorgeous score, and it's one hell of a debut for Duncan Jones as a director.
Not to mention that Kevin Spacey has an AWESOME robot voice.

Blue Jay

May 13, 2012
Even though this question has been done to death I've got to say the Princess Bride. It's got everything!

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
It's gotta be something with martial arts.

I nominate either Kung Pow or The Matrix

Austin Powers counts too. It has the chop.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I really have no idea why I find it so appealing.

and inb4 Marter says Scorpion King 3.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Depends on what you like. Frankly, I like action movies with story, so my personal favorite at the moment is by far Ip Man.
Take the crappy narration out and the trailer is really good.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
I'm gonna go with an animated movie...

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Good god I never get tired of watching this movie!

Everything about this movie seems to get it right. It's well told, it's dark, it's...just good animation. And the fact that it doesn't talk down to it's audience works well in it's favor.

If it isn't one of the best movies made period, it at least has to be one of the best animated movies ever.