Best Movie Trilogy of All Time

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
I want to know what you think is the best movie trilogy of all time (so I can laugh it your ignorance.) Personally I think the Back to the Future trilogy is the best trilogy of all time. So just post what movie trilogy you think is best (so I can ***** about how moronic you guys are.)

Sirisaxman

Jun 8, 2008
Back to the Future was pretty good, I'd also have to say the original Star Wars trilogy and the Matrix trilogy as my favorites.

Gitsnik

May 13, 2008
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Is the Godfather trilogy the "moronic" answer? Because that is the trilogy that immediately came to my mind.
Nah, moronic would be the "Saw" trilogy. The Godfather is just awesome.

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
Sirisaxman said:
Back to the Future was pretty good, I'd also have to say the original Star Wars trilogy and the Matrix trilogy as my favorites.
I can't add anything to Back to the Future, they were all great. As for the Matrix Trilogy, FTW? The first was great, and it ranks in my top movies, but unless you're a super-fanboy (which, may I clarify, I am), the other two sucked. And I know that they sucked, but I'm a g33k, so what can I do, eh? So I'm going to assume you fall into that category. Message me so we can chat about our fave characters (note: joking).

Sgt. Gunlock

May 27, 2008
I'm going to confom and say theorianl triogy I'd say the godfather but it gets points off for part 3 the first being my faverite move of all time

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Lord Of The Rings. Like, duh...
better books than movies, tho the movies were good and i fully agree with the randall assessment from clerks 2

umm i'll go odd and say the infernal affairs trilogy

werepossum

Sep 12, 2007
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Lord Of The Rings. Like, duh...
Ditto. Although the Alien trilogy (if it can be so called) were excellent movies, Jackson took movies to a whole 'nother level.

Frosk

Mar 12, 2008
Darth Mobius said:
Original Star Wars. Of course, A time traveling DeLorean is dead sexy in it's own ways... Eh, I have to stick with the only trilogy I have watched over 150 times... Episodes IV, V, and VI, FTW!
Is right.

Other good trilogies:
Godfather
Indiana Jones (Raiders, Temple, and Last Crusade)
Alien
Lord of the Rings

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Indiana Jones, minus temple of doom. There's a simple formula for indiana jones movies to make them good- indiana jones+nazis=good movies. All Indiana Jones movies without nazis sucked, well didn't suck but they just weren't the same.

Star Wars original trology, minus the ewoks. They're like gremlins but gremlins didn't ruin an awsome movies, and those aliens singing for Jabba the Hut in the begining were, unbearable.

BaronAsh

Feb 6, 2008
Why does everyone rag on Temple of Doom? I FUCKING LOVED Temple of Doom. I love it like I love Stronghold Crusader. The two middles to be the best in the series. (I have no idea how I'm supposed to say that)

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Geek Answer: Star Wars new saga (I-III) because I love spaceship combat and body armor.
Real Answer: Aliens Saga, 1-3 were each epic in their own way.
Troll Answer: I thinks Kill Bill is the best trilogy evars.
You do know that there are only two Kill Bill movies, right? I mean, I know it's a troll answer, but even troll answers usually fit the questions.

I'd have to go with the original Star Wars trilogy or maybe Lord of the Rings.

YuppySlime

Apr 28, 2008
Episodes IV, V, and VI.

But LOTR comes pretty damn close.

and Back to the Future is pretty awesome, I haven't forgotten.

But Star Wars just, well, its STAR WARS.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
Lord of the Rings without a shadow of a doubt. Simply the best.

Star Wars gets an honorable mention.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Well seeing as how the Lord of the Rings was originally a single novel and not a trilogy my vote will be for the Back to the future trilogy.

Every episode (except for the 3rd) related to each other in a wonderful way, no other trilogy has ever pulled that off.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Hm... most of those mentioned are good, but I think the original Star Wars trilogy or Back to the Future have the best consistency. LOTR isn't so much a trilogy as episodic and nothing really ties the Indy movies together except for... well, Indy.
I haven't seen Godfather in years but that's probably a good candidate too.
Aliens isn't a trilogy, though I suppose you could use the same argument to say that Star Wars isn't either.