Best Netflix Original shows.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bojack Horseman

Castlevania

She-Ra

The OA - but netflix canceled it after 2 seasons, needed a third.

Hilda

Heard good things about The Dark Crystal age of resistance, haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Kyrian007 said:
Yes, but I'm not holding my breath for any more. They have cast a season 2 but it was SO Expensive for the amount of success it had... I'd be surprised if it gets the 2nd season and would guarantee that with no more success than season 1 had, 2 will be the end of it.
https://www.tor.com/2020/01/21/altered-carbon-season-2-netflix-february-27th-anthony-mackie/

Season 2 is coming apparently.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Hawki said:
Kyrian007 said:
Yes, but I'm not holding my breath for any more. They have cast a season 2 but it was SO Expensive for the amount of success it had... I'd be surprised if it gets the 2nd season and would guarantee that with no more success than season 1 had, 2 will be the end of it.
https://www.tor.com/2020/01/21/altered-carbon-season-2-netflix-february-27th-anthony-mackie/

Season 2 is coming apparently.
I'm not sure how much steam there is for the engine in a Season 2. S1 was, in my opinion, at its best when it was doing its noir take on cyberpunk (but I am hopelessly biased in favor of detective fiction of all sorts). Unless a new mystery is set up (which as far as I know, isn't the direction the books go), they'll have to move away from that, based on the setup for Kovacs' new journey that the end of S1 left. But I'll at least give it a try.

It is nice that they're cutting down 2 episodes, compared to the first season. I felt like the first season had about 2 episodes worth of unnecessary fat.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Worgen said:
Heard good things about The Dark Crystal age of resistance, haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
I liked it a lot more the original film, though part of the problem might be I saw the film when I was in my 30s after hearing about how good it was for decades. I suspect if I had seen it as a kid or in my teens I would have been a bit more impressed but as an adult it felt merely ok.

The show was pretty much what I wanted from the movie, a world that feels fleshed out and original. The fact I already know this is going to end badly means it's essentially watching a tragedy unfold.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
-Dragon Prince: from the head writer of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The animation starts out really rough in season 1 but it improves a lot in seasons 2 and 3.

-Castlevania

-The Toys/Movies That Made Us: neat little documentary shows that go over the history of toy lines and movies)

-The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

-The Witcher

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
For me its-

Hilda

Stranger Things

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Twelve Forever

Castlevania

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Bojack Horseman, Stranger Things, and Dark Crystal:Age of Resistance, off the top of my head.

In movies, docs and specials: Mindhorn, The Irishman, Team Foxcatcher, The Founder, The Most Hated Woman in America, Dave Chapelle's new stuff, Women Who Kill, and Castlevania were all quite good.