Best of the Best?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
We all know that the Escapist has rabid fans of almost all kinds of TV shows. My question is if you had to pick one single episode out of a series to be the best which would it be?

For me it would be Episode 1 of season 6 of House, it was a masterwork of drama and acting.
The piano episode of Black Books.
and Squeeze from X-Files.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
The episode of Fooly Cooly going waaay over the top with guns and firearms was the best of the bunch in a very short but incredible series.

Arcanite Ripper

May 1, 2010
The best episode of Madness Combat? That's difficult to say. To faithfully enjoy one episode of mindless, innovative, puppet-style intensity violence, you'd be better off watching the entire series. Everyone could enjoy pushing their maximum "badass" levels a little further....

OT: Fine. #7, Consternation.

Edit: Oh. TV show. My bad, though it still stands in episodic format.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Adamc-mh said:
seasons 1-3 out of the mighty boosh
and tearjerker episode out of american dad
I tried to think of the best episode of Mighty Boosh but they are all so good I couldn't single one out either. - Possibly *maybe* Nanageddon

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Deadwood: Season 1, Episode 10: Mister Wu. The conversation between Al Swearengen and Mr. Wu is just hilarious and even better than some lame comdey shows, although Deadwood isn't.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Probably an episode of the recent Battlestar Galactica, possibly Daybreak, the two parter end episode. Or possibly the one where they find what they believe to be Earth. Or possibly the one where D'Anna Biers sees the five in the temple.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Omikron009 said:
The best episode of Firefly is probably Ariel.
I prefer the pilot, Serenity. But Ariel is fantastic.

Hush from Buffy, Smile Time for Angel.

My Lunch for Scrubs.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The football murder episode of Life On Mars was one of the best for me, particularly the line "victim was a united supporter, well, at least the killer had good motive."

South Parks "Night of the Living Dead" cracked me up, "chaaaaange".
The Lent epsiode of Father Ted
The Wedding episode of Peep Show

all I can think of at the moment

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Star Trek - The Enemy Within. Good Kirk vs. Evil Kirk!

Southpark - 200/201. The biggest twist EVAR!

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Black Books - Blood. That's the one with the restaurant.
Afro Samurai - Maybe episode 3. Either that or episode 5 just because Justice's voice sounds amazing.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
eggy32 said:
Afro Samurai - Maybe episode 3. Either that or episode 5 just because Justice's voice sounds amazing.
I didn't like Blood that much simply because Fran's story wasn't that funny. The tower of soup however was.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
Tallim said:
eggy32 said:
I didn't like Blood that much simply because Fran's story wasn't that funny. The tower of soup however was.
I know, Fran's story was awful. But the couch that eats people was funny. As well as Bernard giving Many burns, because all chefs have burns. And they did catch "the queen" after all.

no oneder

Jul 11, 2010
Either the first or the last episode of The Sopranos. Or the one where the virgin Mary appears in the Bada Bing.

I can't think of any other.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Cowboy Bebop episode 5. The Ballad of Fallen Angels.

Where animation becomes fucking art.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Futurama - The Sting (S04E12)

Penn & Teller Bullshit! - Creationism (S01E08)

Heroes - The Wall (S4E17)

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
"Quarantine", series 5 episode 4 of Red Dwarf.

It was the low budget episode, directed by two men who'd never directed anything in their lives, and yet it is truly hilarious, thanks in no small part to the contributions of one Flibble (Mr.)

"Why we couldn't possibly do that Mr Flibble...who would clean up the mess?"