Best of the Worst

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Boredom has spawned yet another pointless thread from my mind and the search bar came up blank for the first few pages, so I think it's safe to do this one.

So basically, what are some of the best worst things in the media? Things that you dislike or despise yet love to make fun of. We all like to do that sort of thing from time to time at least, be it celebs, books, movies, or even games, what do you just love to hate?

Remember this thread does not just specifically apply to movies. It can be for any form of media.

Personally, I think one of the best things to make fun of is the 2003 movie "The Room"

Words needn't be said to describe how awful that is yet, there are even special screenings of the film across the country of people who just go to make fun of it. So, Escapist, what do you love to make fun of?

Apr 28, 2008
Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged.

Took one awful anime and just turned it into something awesome. IN AMERICA!

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

I was at Scott Pilgrim yesterday and they played the trailer for his new movie, "Devil", and as soon as it said "a film by M. Night Shyamalan" the whole theatre burst out laughing. They were taking the trailer seriously until they saw his name and then it became an immediate joke.
that happened at the theater i was in too...

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
Oh hi, Julianking

Here are mine by category:
Best Worst Film: Batman and Robin
Best Worst Game: Alpha Protocol
Best Worst Band: Linkin Park (it's a childhood thing)
Best Worst Song: I've Gotta Feelin' by Black Eyed Peas

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
Snakes on a Train is the best worst film I've ever seen, it had us in stitches at uni the whole way through.
You mean Snakes on a Plane? But Samuel L. Jackson's had it with those motherfuckin' snakes on that motherfuckin' plane.

Also, Transformers, Michael Bay in general, Twilight, and the ".... Movies" (Meet the Spartans, Epic Movie, etc) are pretty much the generic answers.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

I was at Scott Pilgrim yesterday and they played the trailer for his new movie, "Devil", and as soon as it said "a film by M. Night Shyamalan" the whole theatre burst out laughing. They were taking the trailer seriously until they saw his name and then it became an immediate joke.
Why doesn't anyone seem to get that he's not directing it?

It's his idea for a movie that someone has taken and made a full film out of. He doesn't have anything to do with its production.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
D Bones said:
Julianking93 said:
D Bones said:
M Night Shyamalan.

Why doesn't anyone seem to get that he's not directing it?

It's his idea for a movie that someone has taken and made a full film out of. He doesn't have anything to do with its production.
This is your thread, I assume you would have picked up on this: It's not that the movie is a joke. It's that Mr. Shyamalan himself is a joke.
Yes, he himself is a fucking joke at this point, but just because it's got his name on it doesn't mean you should completely dismiss the movie as shit because of that.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Boredom has spawned yet another pointless thread from my mind and the search bar came up blank for the first few pages, so I think it's safe to do this one.

So basically, what are some of the best worst things in the media? Things that you dislike or despise yet love to make fun of. We all like to do that sort of thing from time to time at least, be it celebs, books, movies, or even games, what do you just love to hate?

Remember this thread does not just specifically apply to movies. It can be for any form of media.

Personally, I think one of the best things to make fun of is the 2003 movie "The Room"

Words needn't be said to describe how awful that is yet, there are even special screenings of the film across the country of people who just go to make fun of it. So, Escapist, what do you love to make fun of?
The Room was so bad, that after it was put out and laughed at so hard, the writer/protagonist/director took all the advertisements down and re-advertised it as a comedy. THAT'S BAD. But also kind of awesome. Shows he has a real sense of humor.

LISA YOU'RE TEARING ME APART! *LAZY RAGE!*

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
You know what really pisses me off? The Nostalgia Critic reviewed "The Room", and all of the sudden, everyone talks about how it's the worst movie ever. I guarantee that 90% of those people never even heard of The Room before his review. I'm not saying that YOU haven't heard of it, I'm just pointing this out.

Anyway, Superman 64. It's so bad, but it's SO wonderfully good.

Also, The Final Destination is wonderfully bad, and normally, it's totally against my nature to laugh at ANYTHING death related.Death isn't funny, but Final Destination found a way to make it hilarious.

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
I'm obscenely lazy, so I simply mock what Mystery Science Theatre tells me to mock. But then Rifftrax began mocking everything, even blandly mediocre films. I am confuse.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
The Austin said:
You know what really pisses me off? The Nostalgia Critic reviewed "The Room", and all of the sudden, everyone talks about how it's the worst movie ever. I guarantee that 90% of those people never even heard of The Room before his review. I'm not saying that YOU haven't heard of it, I'm just pointing this out.
I actually found out about it through a Youtube friend of mine who did his own review of it.

I only just recently saw the Nostalgia Critic's review of it.

Also, Final Destination actually used to be somewhat good.
First one, pretty good.
Second, okay.
Third, the fuck is this shit?
Fourth (IN 3D!!!!) was just wretched film making.