Best opening sequence in a videogame

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Tayh said:
I quite liked the intro to DC Online.
Too bad the actual game was such a button-mash disaster.
agreed.

though I could level worse complaints then it being a 'button masher', nothing wrong with those.

I am only a man

Feb 25, 2011
I always loved the intro to this game. The art style was excellent and music is just perfect. A lot of people may prefer the Japanese version (same animation, different music) but I like this one better.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Seriously, guys, no Kingdom Hearts yet? I for one am severely disappointed.

I would embed all of them, because they're all fantastic. But I'll just use Birth by Sleep.

Frasman

Aug 4, 2010
Let me hit you with some PS1 games

Someone already beat me to the Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 intros.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
The best intros set the tone for the game.

Conquest.

Since time immemorial, great leaders have risen from humble beginnings to...

do shit.

War never changes.

Ascend

Mar 14, 2012
BF 2142 :Titans ,team work ,drop pods ,steel rain ,music whats not to like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk4wEAO07hM

alimination602

Apr 14, 2009
Skies of Arcadia

I consider Skies of Arcadia as one of the games I pull off the shelf every few years and replay just to remind myself what proper gaming is like away from a reliance on top tier graphics and ticked boxes. A place women in practical and not entirely sexualised clothing can stand side by side with their male counter parts in battle, where you can poke fun at history and have people with mad personalities shouting at you to just die already and stop spoiling their evil plans, a game where once you press start within twenty minutes you have boarded an enemy frigate by leaping 30ft across an abyss, beaten a dozen guards in sword fighting, confronted the captain as he attempts to flee the battle in a lifeboat, defeated a giant Rhino that shoots lightning (I am not making any of this up), save a pretty damsel in distress and then sail your flying pirate ship back to your secret base under an island safe in the knowledge that you've still got over forty hours of game play to get through!